Asbestos link to pensioner's death

Daily Echo: Asbestos link to pensioner's death Asbestos link to pensioner's death

A HAMPSHIRE man died due to a combination of heart disease and asbestos exposure, an inquest heard.

Bert Wells, 81, was exposed to the substance during a four-year stint at Marchwood Power Station, starting in 1957.

A post-mortem found Mr Wells, of Haltons Close, Totton, had asbestos fibres in his lungs but also suffered from heart disease.

Dr Adrian Bateman, pathologist at University Hospital Southampton, said the asbestos was not the primary cause of death but would have increased the strain on his heart.

Mr Wells died at Southampton General Hospital in October.

Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death due to natural causes contributed to by asbestos exposure.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:02pm Thu 2 Jan 14

ChessMi says...

Asbestos is still a dangerous issue but not many people are seriously looking into this. Look at these causes of Mesothelioma on this site...http://www.me
sothelioma-and-asbes
tos-info.com

Chester
Asbestos is still a dangerous issue but not many people are seriously looking into this. Look at these causes of Mesothelioma on this site...http://www.me sothelioma-and-asbes tos-info.com Chester ChessMi

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree