When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Police launch murder investigation after man dies following New Year's Eve fight in Hythe
12:14pm Wednesday 1st January 2014 in News
POLICE have launched a murder inquiry after a man died following a fight at a Hampshire home.
A police spokesman said officers were called to an address in Langdown Road, in Hythe, following reports of an “altercation” inside the property at around 9pm last night.
There they found a 31-year-old man who had suffered serious injuries.
He was taken to Southampton General Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 10.20pm.
Police have confirmed that a 31-year-old man is this morning in custody after he was arrested at 2.25am at an address in Totton.
He was detained on suspicion of murder and was due to be questioned by officers investigating the death this morning.
The spokesman added that although some next of kin have been informed not all the victim's family had been told.
No details were being released on the type of injuries the man suffered.
A post mortem was due to be carried out later today by a Home Office pathologist.
Hampshire police are now issuing an appeal for anyone with information surrounding the incident to contact them.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Operation Redding investigation team on 101.
Comments are closed on this article.