Firefighters battle kitchen blaze in Hampshire home

Daily Echo: Firefighters battle kitchen blaze in Hampshire home Firefighters battle kitchen blaze in Hampshire home

FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze in the kitchen of a Hampshire home this evening.

The chip pan fire broke out in a property in Southampton at around 6pm.

One appliance each attended from Redbridge and St Mary’s stations and crews were on the scene in Lower Brownhill Road, Maybush, for around an-hour-and-a-half.

Alistair Owen, watch manager at Redbridge, confirmed the occupier had escaped the house unharmed and there were no other injuries.

He said: “The kitchen was quite badly damaged but the fire was contained to that room. There was some smoke damage to the rest of the property and the fire was caused by a chip pan.”

Breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree