Firefighters battle chip pan blaze in Southampton home

Firefighters battle chip pan blaze in Southampton home

Firefighters battle chip pan blaze in Southampton home

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS battled a chip pan blaze in the kitchen of a Southampton home.

One appliance each attended from Redbridge and St Mary’s stations and crews were on the scene in Lower Brownhill Road, Maybush, for about an hour and a half.

Alistair Owen, watch manager at Redbridge, confirmed the occupier had escaped the house unharmed and there were no other injuries.

He said: “The kitchen was quite badly damaged but the fire was contained to that room. There was some smoke damage to the rest of the property and the fire was caused by a chip pan.”

The fire started at around 6pm on January 2 and breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree