Firefighters carry out rescue at Two Saints hostel in Fareham

Man rescued in hostel fire drama

Man rescued in hostel fire drama

First published in News
Last updated

A MAN had to be rescued by fire fighters after fire broke out in the stairwell of a Hampshire hostel in the early hours of this morning.

Fire crews were called amid reports a man could not be woken from his sleep at the Two Saints hostel in Gosport Road, Fareham.

Teams from Fareham and Portchester used breathing apparatus, hose reels and jets as they battled the flames, in a communal stairwell area of the three-storey building.

The man was eventually led to safety and nobody was harmed during the two-hour drama.

The cause of the fire, which broke out at around 1.40am, is under investigation.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree