When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Firefighters carry out rescue at Two Saints hostel in Fareham
7:55am Wednesday 8th January 2014 in News
A MAN had to be rescued by fire fighters after fire broke out in the stairwell of a Hampshire hostel in the early hours of this morning.
Teams from Fareham and Portchester used breathing apparatus, hose reels and jets as they battled the flames, in a communal stairwell area of the three-storey building.
The man was eventually led to safety and nobody was harmed during the two-hour drama.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at around 1.40am, is under investigation.
Comments are closed on this article.