When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fire rescue drama in a Fareham hostel
Updated 2:44pm Thursday 9th January 2014 in News
A man had to be rescued by firefighters after fire broke out in the stairwell of a Hampshire hostel yesterday.
Teams from Fareham and Portchester used breathing apparatus, hose reels and jets as they battled the flames, in a communal stairwell area of the three-storey building.
The man was eventually led to safety and nobody was harmed during the two-hour drama.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at around 1.40am, is under investigation.
Comments are closed on this article.