When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Christopher Cunliffe died from heroin overdose in Shirley, Southampton
7:30am Sunday 12th January 2014 in News
A DRUG addict died from a heroin overdose despite his friend’s desperate efforts to save him, an inquest heard.
An inquest heard how the 36-year-old’s friend Simon Davis immediately dialled 999 and tried to revive him by injecting the opiate-countering drug Naxalone before paramedics arrived.
But he was later pronounced dead at Southampton General Hospital.
The inquest heard Mr Cunliffe, of Ranelagh Gardens, Southampton, had a long history of drug use.
A post-mortem by pathologist Jeffrey Theaker revealed quantities of opiates morphine, codeine and noscapine and traces of cocaine in his body. Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a drugs dependency determination.
Comments are closed on this article.