When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
January 15 2014
Updated 7:19pm Wednesday 15th January 2014 in News
This live event has finished
Blog ended 19.19
A Southampton primary school is to reopen after a legionella scare earlier this week.
Today's letters from readers of the Daily Echo:
- Yes, we want fair bananas
- Meningitis charity’s volunteers ‘amazing’
- Cyclists shouldn’t be on the road when they pay no tax
- Crisis in Ukraine has been caused by EU
- Still time to Ramp up the Red for life-saving heart research
- Selling art is wrong concept
- Uni expansion brings benefits as well as costs
- Biggest container ships will miss port
- Paths’ layout doesn’t seem right to me
- Boom isn’t positive for all
- New legislation will help to trace money laundering
- Not surprised by junction danger
Motown is coming to Hampshire!
If you're hoping to catch a train this afternoon, be warned that there are delays on the railways across hampshire.
Police are hunting for a man who has been committing sex acts near a community centre.
Delays through #SouthamptonCentral expected until 15:00 http://t.co/o9U96lXFTG— @SW_Trains 15 January 2014
Hackers have gained control of a chairty's email account leading to warnings about a potential scam.
The £10m Eastpoint Centre is facing a crisis, with a lack of cash blighting its future.
The reports from national media about Cortese's resignation are false, the Daily Echo can confirm.
BREAKING: National media reports suggest Nicola Cortese has handed in a letter of resignation.
More on this shortly.
Will he stay or will he go? Read more about the latest Cortese saga >>
Three Hampshire players have been called up to play for England in the t20 World Cup.
More and more money is being spent on temporary doctors at Southampton General Hospital - because of a shortage of medical staff.
A335 #EASTLEIGH - The bridge under #M27 J5 is closed for emergency repairs (motorway slips open). No access towards Eastleigh out of So'ton.— @ROMANSE 15 January 2014
A335/#M27 #EASTLEIGH - 1 lane now open under the J5 bridge. Lane restrictions on J5 eastbound offlip and around the rbt. Delays poss.— @ROMANSE 15 January 2014
One lane of the M27 is closed following a crash.
There could be good news in the air for residents blighted by nasty niffs in the east of Southampton.
Tadanari Lee has gone - who is next?
There's a new supermarket planned for a Southampton community.
Comments are closed on this article.