Pensioners evacuated from Southampton church hall amid toxic gas fears

A carbon monoxide alarm

A carbon monoxide alarm

First published in News
Last updated

PENSIONERS had to be evacuated from a church hall after it was feared they had suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

Paramedics, police and firefighters were all called to the Isaac Watts Memorial church hall in Winchester Road, Southampton, after it was reported that up to eight casualties were involved.

The road was closed just after 11am and pensioners were evacuated from the building after some complained of feeling unwell.

However, tests were conducted and no trace of the toxic gas were found.

Paramedics checked over those pensioners who had been evacuated from the hall as a precaution.

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree