Female driver cut from her vehicle after accident in Bitterne, Southampton

A WOMAN has been cut from her car after a crash in Southampton.

The grey Mercedes crashed into barriers on Bitterne Road West at its junction with Athelstan Road, near to the Station pub.

Firefighters have cut the driver from the vehicle and put her on a spinal board before she was taken to Southampton General Hospital for treatment.

A police spokesman said her injuries are not considered to be serious.

The eastbound carriageway of Bitterne Road West remains closed.

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:12pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Micle1974 says...

30mph zone isn't it?
30mph zone isn't it? Micle1974
  • Score: 0

11:09pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Sir Ad E Noid says...

Micle1974 wrote:
30mph zone isn't it?
And what does that mean? Try to be specific in your answer.
[quote][p][bold]Micle1974[/bold] wrote: 30mph zone isn't it?[/p][/quote]And what does that mean? Try to be specific in your answer. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 1

2:39am Sat 18 Jan 14

andysaints007 says...

Micle1974 wrote:
30mph zone isn't it?
Whats your point d*ckhead?
[quote][p][bold]Micle1974[/bold] wrote: 30mph zone isn't it?[/p][/quote]Whats your point d*ckhead? andysaints007
  • Score: 0

2:44am Sat 18 Jan 14

dolomiteman says...

Micle1974 wrote:
30mph zone isn't it?
Yes and your point is?

Hope the lady makes a full recovery.
[quote][p][bold]Micle1974[/bold] wrote: 30mph zone isn't it?[/p][/quote]Yes and your point is? Hope the lady makes a full recovery. dolomiteman
  • Score: 0

2:45am Sat 18 Jan 14

dolomiteman says...

Micle1974 wrote:
30mph zone isn't it?
Yes and your point is?

Hope the lady makes a full recovery.
[quote][p][bold]Micle1974[/bold] wrote: 30mph zone isn't it?[/p][/quote]Yes and your point is? Hope the lady makes a full recovery. dolomiteman
  • Score: 0

2:51am Sat 18 Jan 14

Yura Nicced says...

I wonder if the filter turn right into bullar rd has anything to do with it. People look up, see green and mis-interpret it as green for the filter. They then cross into the oncoming traffic. Exactly the same happens at the new setup on romsey rd j with Wimpson lane. I have witnessed MANY cars start as if to go then realise. My thoughts have been passed to J Rayment AND Romanse and still they persist in these dangerously designed set ups. Very soon, if not after today's accident, the council will have blood on their hands - why don't they listen ?
I wonder if the filter turn right into bullar rd has anything to do with it. People look up, see green and mis-interpret it as green for the filter. They then cross into the oncoming traffic. Exactly the same happens at the new setup on romsey rd j with Wimpson lane. I have witnessed MANY cars start as if to go then realise. My thoughts have been passed to J Rayment AND Romanse and still they persist in these dangerously designed set ups. Very soon, if not after today's accident, the council will have blood on their hands - why don't they listen ? Yura Nicced
  • Score: -1

7:31am Sat 18 Jan 14

taxi driver in southampton says...

I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high.
I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high. taxi driver in southampton
  • Score: -2

3:34pm Sat 18 Jan 14

dolomiteman says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high.
Then why was the area sealed off by police and the crash investigators there for nearly two hours?

I realise taxi drivers know everything about nothing but sometimes it is best you keep you expert opinions to yourself.
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high.[/p][/quote]Then why was the area sealed off by police and the crash investigators there for nearly two hours? I realise taxi drivers know everything about nothing but sometimes it is best you keep you expert opinions to yourself. dolomiteman
  • Score: 3

3:37pm Sat 18 Jan 14

dolomiteman says...

Yura Nicced wrote:
I wonder if the filter turn right into bullar rd has anything to do with it. People look up, see green and mis-interpret it as green for the filter. They then cross into the oncoming traffic. Exactly the same happens at the new setup on romsey rd j with Wimpson lane. I have witnessed MANY cars start as if to go then realise. My thoughts have been passed to J Rayment AND Romanse and still they persist in these dangerously designed set ups. Very soon, if not after today's accident, the council will have blood on their hands - why don't they listen ?
I doubt a filter junction that was no where near this incident would have had any thing to do with it.
The only reason why people do crash at filtered junctions is because they are bad drivers and can't read road signs or markings or are just too busy sat in their bubble thinking about everything but how to drive.
[quote][p][bold]Yura Nicced[/bold] wrote: I wonder if the filter turn right into bullar rd has anything to do with it. People look up, see green and mis-interpret it as green for the filter. They then cross into the oncoming traffic. Exactly the same happens at the new setup on romsey rd j with Wimpson lane. I have witnessed MANY cars start as if to go then realise. My thoughts have been passed to J Rayment AND Romanse and still they persist in these dangerously designed set ups. Very soon, if not after today's accident, the council will have blood on their hands - why don't they listen ?[/p][/quote]I doubt a filter junction that was no where near this incident would have had any thing to do with it. The only reason why people do crash at filtered junctions is because they are bad drivers and can't read road signs or markings or are just too busy sat in their bubble thinking about everything but how to drive. dolomiteman
  • Score: 1

3:40pm Sat 18 Jan 14

taxi driver in southampton says...

dolomiteman wrote:
taxi driver in southampton wrote:
I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high.
Then why was the area sealed off by police and the crash investigators there for nearly two hours?

I realise taxi drivers know everything about nothing but sometimes it is best you keep you expert opinions to yourself.
Are you really that stupid dolomiteman as stated in my comment I was there at the time.

Please read my comment again
[quote][p][bold]dolomiteman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: I saw the crash last night and it was not at high speed so the fact she was cut out of the car was purely for insurance reasons as she could of got out of the car very easily. This is why our insurance premiums are so high.[/p][/quote]Then why was the area sealed off by police and the crash investigators there for nearly two hours? I realise taxi drivers know everything about nothing but sometimes it is best you keep you expert opinions to yourself.[/p][/quote]Are you really that stupid dolomiteman as stated in my comment I was there at the time. Please read my comment again taxi driver in southampton
  • Score: 0

11:14am Tue 28 Jan 14

philandjem says...

That woman was my wife, she had some form of seizure which caused her to go off the road, and she was going under 30mph according to the police. The reason she was cut out of the car was because she couldn't tell the emergency services what happened so they immobilised her and to get her out of the car they had to cut the roof off. That's it really, she's still in hospital and they're still trying to see what caused the seizure then and since and get them under control.
That woman was my wife, she had some form of seizure which caused her to go off the road, and she was going under 30mph according to the police. The reason she was cut out of the car was because she couldn't tell the emergency services what happened so they immobilised her and to get her out of the car they had to cut the roof off. That's it really, she's still in hospital and they're still trying to see what caused the seizure then and since and get them under control. philandjem
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree