When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bomb squad called to Cemex in Southampton
It is the second one found in that area this month.
The 12-inch bomb shell was found this morning by workers, and was taken away by the disposal team.
The site was not evacuated, while a Royal Navy spokesman said the inert bomb was not a danger to anyone at the site.
The Second World War shell was found by workers in sand and gravel that had been dredged by the firm.
A spokesman for Cemex said the discovery of shells was commonplace at the site.
A smaller shell was discovered by workers on January 7 after it was dredged up by crews.
A spokesman for Cemex said: "Finding a device is a regular occurrence and colleagues are trained to deal with such situations in an efficient and professional way."
A spokesman for the Royal Navy said: "The shell was taken away by the team, they didn't have to carry out an explosions and it did not post any danger."
Comments are closed on this article.