A FIRE broke out in a student property in Southampton this afternoon.
More than a dozen firefighters from St Mary's station were called out to deal with the blaze at the property in Kitchener Road.
No one was inside the two-storey house when the crews arrived just after 2.30pm, after the alarm was raised by a passer-by who spotted the smoke.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were sent into the property and the fire was located in a ground floor bedroom and quickly extinguished.
The cause of the fire is not thought to be suspicious.