When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Asbestos led to cancer, inquest into factory worker's death is told
12:50pm Monday 27th January 2014 in News
A RETIRED factory worker from Southampton died from exposure to asbestos, an inquest heard.
Renee Dyer, of Quayside Road, died at Southampton General Hospital shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
A Southampton inquest heard how the 70-year-old came into contact with the substance while working in an electrical components factory for just four months during the 1960s.
A biopsy taken after her death on April 18 last year confirmed that she had mesothelioma.
Southampton Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded an industrial disease death determination.
Comments are closed on this article.