When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Power cuts for 1,000 homes after cable damaged
11:10am Wednesday 29th January 2014 in News
MORE than 1,000 homes across Hampshire were left without power on Tuesday.
Reports of power failures across Beauworth, Bramdean, Brockwood, Cheriton and West Meon came in at approximately 10.30am yesterday after a cable was allegedly struck near Alresford.
Duncan MacDonald, a spokesman for Southern Electric, said the problems began at around 9.30am when road-workers hit a cable on Appledown Lane.
“We’d like to apologise to our customers who have been affected by the power cuts,” he said. “We aim to get our customers back up and running as quickly as possible. We have engineers carrying out repairs on site at present.”
Mr MacDonald confirmed six properties in the Appledown Lane area were still without power yesterday afternoon. It is not yet known which firm had been carrying out the road works when the cable was damaged.
Comments are closed on this article.