Pensioner tries to put out fire in neighbour's flat

Pensioner tries to put out fire in neighbour's flat

Pensioner tries to put out fire in neighbour's flat

First published in News

AN ELDERLY resident was treated for the effects of inhaling smoke after trying to help put out a fire.

Firefighters were called to a residential home at Sutherland Court, Chandler's Ford, where people live independently, run by First Wessex, where a resident had a chip pan fire in her kitchen.

A 75-year-old woman treated afterwards had gone in to the flat to help her neighbour.

A crew from Eastleigh attended but found the fire was out on arrival, but had caused some damage to the wall, and used fans to ventilate the kitchen and the corridor of smoke.

They gave the woman oxygen at the scene as she was suffering from smoke inhalation but she did not have to go to hospital following the incident, which happened shortly after 6pm on Wednesday.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree