New Forest East MP Julian Lewis calls for minister to prevent costly court fight over fluoride plan

Daily Echo: Make your mind up over fluoride - MP's call to minister Make your mind up over fluoride - MP's call to minister

A HAMPSHIRE MP is urging a Government minister to intervene and decide the fate of the county’s fluoridation scheme.

New Forest East MP Julian Lewis has written to the Under Secretary of State for the Department for Health (DfH), Jane Ellison.

He wants her to use her powers to decide once and for all whether fluoride will be added in the tap water of 200,000 Hampshire residents.

As revealed in the Daily Echo, the plans are now heading for a potentially-costly court battle as Public Health England (PHE) and local authorities are at loggerheads over whether the scheme even exists any more.

While PHE is adamant it does, bosses at Southampton City Council and Hampshire County Council believe there is no scheme due to a failure to hand over key documents to PHE from the South Central Strategic Health Authority (SHA).

The SHA, which was scrapped last year, had been the body charged with implementing the scheme, even though no consultation was carried out with affected residents.

If the scheme does go ahead, fluoride would be added to the water of homes in parts of Southampton, Totton, Netley, Eastleigh and Rownhams.

PHE and the councils have opposing legal advice, and city council leader Simon Letts told the Daily Echo that the only way the dispute would now be resolved would be through legal action.

Now Dr Lewis is seeking to get a definitive answer by writing to his Conservative colleague.

In the letter, he said: “Because of a five-month delay to find out what the Government and PHE’s appraisal of the situation is, further public money is about to be wasted on a court case in a cause for which there is little or no local support, which the Government says is the key factor.

“This runs contrary to all the principles of why the Government passed responsibility for public health to local councils.

“This cannot be right and I ask you to exercise what powers you may have to make a final decision, once and for all, and to stop money being wasted by PHER in a process which can only benefit the lawyers.”

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:26am Mon 3 Feb 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

More watered down excuses to come I guess?
More watered down excuses to come I guess? OSPREYSAINT

12:33am Sat 8 Feb 14

BeyondImagination says...

What is the point of this legal action? Southern Water will not add fluoride to the water unless they have a legally binding contract. If they did, every resident affected would be able to sue them. It won't happen.
What is more worrying is Labour's wish to gain control of the fluoridation decision. We all know the Labour group support fluoridation. Let PHE wallow in the SHA incompetence and let sleeping dogs lie.
What is the point of this legal action? Southern Water will not add fluoride to the water unless they have a legally binding contract. If they did, every resident affected would be able to sue them. It won't happen. What is more worrying is Labour's wish to gain control of the fluoridation decision. We all know the Labour group support fluoridation. Let PHE wallow in the SHA incompetence and let sleeping dogs lie. BeyondImagination

9:10pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Dan Soton says...

Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action..


As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation..

Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation..

For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses.

In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation.

At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation..




,,,
Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action.. As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation.. Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation.. For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses. In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation. At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation.. ,,, Dan Soton

3:38pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Dan Soton says...

Dan Soton wrote:
Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action..


As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation..

Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation..

For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses.

In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation.

At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation..




,,,
Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation




FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS.

NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014.

- Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains.

FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine.

The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter.

DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT.

Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries."
The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity.

"Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us."

PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT."

The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers.

But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur
e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing.

Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains."



,,
[quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action.. As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation.. Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation.. For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses. In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation. At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation.. ,,,[/p][/quote]Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS. NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014. - Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains. FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine. The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter. DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT. Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries." The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity. "Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us." PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT." The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers. But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing. Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains." ,, Dan Soton

3:41pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Dan Soton says...

Dan Soton wrote:
Dan Soton wrote:
Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action..


As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation..

Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation..

For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses.

In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation.

At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation..




,,,
Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation




FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS.

NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014.

- Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains.

FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine.

The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter.

DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT.

Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries."
The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity.

"Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us."

PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT."

The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers.

But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur

e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing.

Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains."



,,
,,,


Looks like Southampton has copped a £19m air pollution fine and if that's not bad enough the South Central Strategic Health Authority wants to put a NEUROTOXIN in our drinking water.. more EU fines!!

No doubt in my mind.. members of the South Central Strategic Health Authority will be in the firing line when Southampton is (EU) fined for dumping toxic waste into our drinking water.

-

UK FACES £300M FINE OVER FAILURE TO MEET AIR POLLUTION TARGETS BY 2010.

IAN JOHNSTON Thursday 20 February 2014.

poor air quality is the number one environmental cause of premature death in the EU with a toll that outstrips road traffic accidents.

"It is an invisible killer and it prevents many people from living a fully active life. It already costs Europe €330bn-€940bn (£277bn-£789bn) a year in extra health costs and prematurely killed over 100,000 people a year," he said last year.

CITY-DWELLERS ARE PARTICULARLY EXPOSED, AS MOST NITROGEN DIOXIDE ORIGINATES IN TRAFFIC FUMES … AIR POLLUTION LIMITS ARE REGULARLY EXCEEDED IN 16 ZONES ACROSS THE UK.

The affected areas are Greater London, the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teesside, the Potteries, Hull, SOUTHAMPTON, Glasgow, the east, the south-east, the east Midlands, Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, the west Midlands, and the north-east. But the commission said that Britain had not presented any "credible and workable plan" for meeting air quality standards by 2015

-
http://www.theguardi
an.com/environment/2
014/feb/20/air-pollu
tion-european-commis
sion-legal-action-uk
-nitrogen-dioxide


,,
[quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action.. As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation.. Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation.. For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses. In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation. At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation.. ,,,[/p][/quote]Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS. NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014. - Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains. FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine. The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter. DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT. Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries." The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity. "Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us." PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT." The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers. But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing. Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains." ,,[/p][/quote],,, Looks like Southampton has copped a £19m air pollution fine and if that's not bad enough the South Central Strategic Health Authority wants to put a NEUROTOXIN in our drinking water.. more EU fines!! No doubt in my mind.. members of the South Central Strategic Health Authority will be in the firing line when Southampton is (EU) fined for dumping toxic waste into our drinking water. - UK FACES £300M FINE OVER FAILURE TO MEET AIR POLLUTION TARGETS BY 2010. IAN JOHNSTON Thursday 20 February 2014. poor air quality is the number one environmental cause of premature death in the EU with a toll that outstrips road traffic accidents. "It is an invisible killer and it prevents many people from living a fully active life. It already costs Europe €330bn-€940bn (£277bn-£789bn) a year in extra health costs and prematurely killed over 100,000 people a year," he said last year. CITY-DWELLERS ARE PARTICULARLY EXPOSED, AS MOST NITROGEN DIOXIDE ORIGINATES IN TRAFFIC FUMES … AIR POLLUTION LIMITS ARE REGULARLY EXCEEDED IN 16 ZONES ACROSS THE UK. The affected areas are Greater London, the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teesside, the Potteries, Hull, SOUTHAMPTON, Glasgow, the east, the south-east, the east Midlands, Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, the west Midlands, and the north-east. But the commission said that Britain had not presented any "credible and workable plan" for meeting air quality standards by 2015 - http://www.theguardi an.com/environment/2 014/feb/20/air-pollu tion-european-commis sion-legal-action-uk -nitrogen-dioxide ,, Dan Soton

11:04pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Dan Soton says...

Dan Soton wrote:
Dan Soton wrote:
Dan Soton wrote:
Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action..


As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation..

Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation..

For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses.

In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation.

At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation..




,,,
Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation




FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS.

NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014.

- Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains.

FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine.

The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter.

DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT.

Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries."
The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity.

"Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us."

PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT."

The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers.

But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur


e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing.

Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains."



,,
,,,


Looks like Southampton has copped a £19m air pollution fine and if that's not bad enough the South Central Strategic Health Authority wants to put a NEUROTOXIN in our drinking water.. more EU fines!!

No doubt in my mind.. members of the South Central Strategic Health Authority will be in the firing line when Southampton is (EU) fined for dumping toxic waste into our drinking water.

-

UK FACES £300M FINE OVER FAILURE TO MEET AIR POLLUTION TARGETS BY 2010.

IAN JOHNSTON Thursday 20 February 2014.

poor air quality is the number one environmental cause of premature death in the EU with a toll that outstrips road traffic accidents.

"It is an invisible killer and it prevents many people from living a fully active life. It already costs Europe €330bn-€940bn (£277bn-£789bn) a year in extra health costs and prematurely killed over 100,000 people a year," he said last year.

CITY-DWELLERS ARE PARTICULARLY EXPOSED, AS MOST NITROGEN DIOXIDE ORIGINATES IN TRAFFIC FUMES … AIR POLLUTION LIMITS ARE REGULARLY EXCEEDED IN 16 ZONES ACROSS THE UK.

The affected areas are Greater London, the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teesside, the Potteries, Hull, SOUTHAMPTON, Glasgow, the east, the south-east, the east Midlands, Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, the west Midlands, and the north-east. But the commission said that Britain had not presented any "credible and workable plan" for meeting air quality standards by 2015

-
http://www.theguardi

an.com/environment/2

014/feb/20/air-pollu

tion-european-commis

sion-legal-action-uk

-nitrogen-dioxide


,,
Fluoride has been newly categorised as a neurotoxin and in the Lancet the most prestigious medical journals in the world.


PHE's reply to the Echo was further research/tests are needed ?

Now we know Fluoride is a neurotoxin there can be no safe concentrations ( Young childrens developing brains are particularly susceptible ) as Dr Paul Connett, PhD says, the research/tests are over, now is the time to reduce fluoride intake, not increase it.

PHE's reply shows them up to be clueless.. The Echo should make contact with PHEs Scientific advisors on Fluoridation.. The Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food Consumer Products and the Environment (COT)

http://cot.food.gov.
uk/


UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON Professor David Coggon is Chair of COT..

http://cot.food.gov.
uk/membership/cotcha
ir


Professor David Coggon

Phone: (023) 8077 7624

Fax: (023) 8070 4021

Email: dnc@mrc.soton.ac.uk




,,
[quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dan Soton[/bold] wrote: Fascinating.. Simon Letts labour council leader calls for legal action.. As you say BeyondImagination we all know Labour supports fluoridation.. Wasn't it Southampton's MP Alan Whitehead and Bargate Cllr John Noon that kicked it all off.. as the only (in all of the UK) Labour party members to respond to Shadow Health Minister Andy Burnham ( 2009 vice chairman of The Fluoridation Society ) call for universal water fluoridation.. For me legal action is a non starter unless it ends in a jury trial to recoup negligent losses. In 2013 against fluoridation lobbyist advice Israel joined most of the world in banning Water Fluoridation. At the end of the day.. its not that fluoridation lobbyist have too much power over our MPs, it's shamefully, MPs on all/both sides are to weak willed to ban Water Fluoridation.. ,,,[/p][/quote]Just one drop more in a tidal wave of evidence against fluoridation FLUORIDE NEWLY IDENTIFIED AS DANGEROUS TO BRAINS. NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2014. - Fluoride joins lead, arsenic, methylmercury, toluene, tetrachloroethylene, and other chemicals known to cause harm to brains. FLUORIDE IS NEWLY CLASSIFIED AS A DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXIN BY MEDICAL AUTHORITIES IN THE MARCH 2014 JOURNAL LANCET NEUROLOGY. The authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine. The authors write "A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations." The majority of these 27 studies had water fluoride levels which the US Environmental Protection Agency currently allows in the US – less than 4 milligrams per liter. DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXINS ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING WIDESPREAD BRAIN DISORDERS SUCH AS AUTISM, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER, LEARNING DISABILITIES, AND OTHER COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTS. THE HARM IS OFTEN UNTREATABLE AND PERMANENT. Grandjean and Landrigan write, "Our very great concern is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements, and damaging societies, perhaps most seriously in developing countries." The authors say it's crucial to control the use of all harmful chemicals to protect children's brain development. They propose mandatory testing of these chemicals and the urgent formation of a new international clearinghouse to evaluate them for potential neurotoxicity. "Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain," Grandjean says. "The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us." PAUL CONNETT, PHD, FAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SAYS, "IN LIGHT OF THE NEW CLASSIFICATION OF FLUORIDE AS A DANGEROUS NEUROTOXIN, ADDING MORE FLUORIDE TO AMERICAN'S ALREADY EXCESSIVE INTAKE NO LONGER HAS ANY CONCEIVABLE JUSTIFICATION. WE SHOULD FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE AND TRY TO REDUCE FLUORIDE INTAKE, NOT INCREASE IT." The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports 276 million Americans are consuming fluoridated drinking water, largely as a result of the CDC's vigorous advocacy to maintain and increase those numbers. But The CDC's own evidence reveals Americans already show signs of fluoride-overexposur e and reports that 41% of American teenagers have dental fluorosis, a physical marker that they ingested too much fluoride while their teeth were forming. Evidence also shows these markers in the US are not decreasing over time, but are increasing. Connett asks, "Why would the CDC persist in going against the tide of evidence to promote higher fluoride intake. Sadly, it seems, health agencies in fluoridated countries seem to be more intent on protecting the fluoridation program than protecting children's brains." ,,[/p][/quote],,, Looks like Southampton has copped a £19m air pollution fine and if that's not bad enough the South Central Strategic Health Authority wants to put a NEUROTOXIN in our drinking water.. more EU fines!! No doubt in my mind.. members of the South Central Strategic Health Authority will be in the firing line when Southampton is (EU) fined for dumping toxic waste into our drinking water. - UK FACES £300M FINE OVER FAILURE TO MEET AIR POLLUTION TARGETS BY 2010. IAN JOHNSTON Thursday 20 February 2014. poor air quality is the number one environmental cause of premature death in the EU with a toll that outstrips road traffic accidents. "It is an invisible killer and it prevents many people from living a fully active life. It already costs Europe €330bn-€940bn (£277bn-£789bn) a year in extra health costs and prematurely killed over 100,000 people a year," he said last year. CITY-DWELLERS ARE PARTICULARLY EXPOSED, AS MOST NITROGEN DIOXIDE ORIGINATES IN TRAFFIC FUMES … AIR POLLUTION LIMITS ARE REGULARLY EXCEEDED IN 16 ZONES ACROSS THE UK. The affected areas are Greater London, the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Teesside, the Potteries, Hull, SOUTHAMPTON, Glasgow, the east, the south-east, the east Midlands, Merseyside, Yorkshire & Humberside, the west Midlands, and the north-east. But the commission said that Britain had not presented any "credible and workable plan" for meeting air quality standards by 2015 - http://www.theguardi an.com/environment/2 014/feb/20/air-pollu tion-european-commis sion-legal-action-uk -nitrogen-dioxide ,,[/p][/quote]Fluoride has been newly categorised as a neurotoxin and in the Lancet the most prestigious medical journals in the world. PHE's reply to the Echo was further research/tests are needed ? Now we know Fluoride is a neurotoxin there can be no safe concentrations ( Young childrens developing brains are particularly susceptible ) as Dr Paul Connett, PhD says, the research/tests are over, now is the time to reduce fluoride intake, not increase it. PHE's reply shows them up to be clueless.. The Echo should make contact with PHEs Scientific advisors on Fluoridation.. The Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food Consumer Products and the Environment (COT) http://cot.food.gov. uk/ UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON Professor David Coggon is Chair of COT.. http://cot.food.gov. uk/membership/cotcha ir Professor David Coggon Phone: (023) 8077 7624 Fax: (023) 8070 4021 Email: dnc@mrc.soton.ac.uk ,, Dan Soton

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree