Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seen

Daily Echo: Owner banned as mouse droppings found in Chinese takeway Owner banned as mouse droppings found in Chinese takeway

A Hampshire Chinese takeaway where a chicken was found defrosting in a bucket (below) has been described by a health inspector as one of the dirtiest he had ever seen.

Daily Echo:

The Tiger King in Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire, was found to have a staff toilet with no seat or hand-washing facilities, mouse droppings on the floor, food on low, dirty shelves and filthy cloths on dirty work surfaces.

A Portsmouth City Council spokeswoman said that the former owner, Daniel Fan, was banned from owning and running a food business until further notice by Portsmouth magistrates.

He was also fined £5,000 and ordered to pay nearly £1,400 in costs.

Richard Lee, environmental health manager at Portsmouth City Council, said: ''The problems we found at Tiger King were some of the worst we've ever encountered.

Daily Echo:

''The deterioration in the standards was considerable over a short period of time.

"The operator was putting the health of his customers at considerable risk and consequently I'm pleased with the decision of the court.

''The decision to ban the operator from running a food business is evidence of just how appalling the conditions were and how he failed to make improvements when required.

"This is only the third occasion in Portsmouth that such powers have been used.''

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:36pm Mon 24 Feb 14

louisa12 says...

`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ??? louisa12

6:41pm Mon 24 Feb 14

Sarfhampton2 says...

appalling spelling
appalling spelling Sarfhampton2

6:41pm Mon 24 Feb 14

solomum says...

louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
[quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job. solomum

6:46pm Mon 24 Feb 14

befriendly says...

louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
The echo doesn't employ proof readers, it just waits for us on the comments page to do it for them. Maybe a chance for us to have a little fun me thinks.
[quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]The echo doesn't employ proof readers, it just waits for us on the comments page to do it for them. Maybe a chance for us to have a little fun me thinks. befriendly

7:11pm Mon 24 Feb 14

BeyondImagination says...

I've been told there is no proof reading for the online system, only for the printed version. A spell checker would help though.

The Tiger King will probably be the safest takeaway now they've been fined.
I've been told there is no proof reading for the online system, only for the printed version. A spell checker would help though. The Tiger King will probably be the safest takeaway now they've been fined. BeyondImagination

7:12pm Mon 24 Feb 14

SPIKEISLANDTRADER says...

Did the SKATES actually notice ???????
Did the SKATES actually notice ??????? SPIKEISLANDTRADER

8:03pm Mon 24 Feb 14

undertheeast says...

Dirty skates
Dirty skates undertheeast

8:20pm Mon 24 Feb 14

dimebag99 says...

work for yau brothers then your know how really dirty some of the chinese take aways and resturants are really like.
work for yau brothers then your know how really dirty some of the chinese take aways and resturants are really like. dimebag99

8:22pm Mon 24 Feb 14

Loveyourcity says...

If people think for one second that pubs don't 'sink' chicken/fish you are deluded.
If people think for one second that pubs don't 'sink' chicken/fish you are deluded. Loveyourcity

11:22pm Mon 24 Feb 14

userds5050 says...

Skate news.
Skate news. userds5050

8:43am Tue 25 Feb 14

Ozmosis says...

It was probably cheap, and that kept the students happy
It was probably cheap, and that kept the students happy Ozmosis

9:07am Tue 25 Feb 14

Folkestone Saint says...

solomum wrote:
louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.[/p][/quote]Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures? Folkestone Saint

9:57am Tue 25 Feb 14

stag666 says...

Folkestone Saint wrote:
solomum wrote:
louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?
*story
[quote][p][bold]Folkestone Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.[/p][/quote]Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?[/p][/quote]*story stag666

10:28am Tue 25 Feb 14

gilbertratchet says...

Folkestone Saint wrote:
solomum wrote:
louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?
And YOUR contribution to the story, exactly? Oh. You're complaining about the behaviour of another poster. Yes, I see your point. Much more relevant.
[quote][p][bold]Folkestone Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.[/p][/quote]Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?[/p][/quote]And YOUR contribution to the story, exactly? Oh. You're complaining about the behaviour of another poster. Yes, I see your point. Much more relevant. gilbertratchet

10:30am Tue 25 Feb 14

Folkestone Saint says...

stag666 wrote:
Folkestone Saint wrote:
solomum wrote:
louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?
*story
Yes we all make typo's you saddo, I'm sure your turn will come.
[quote][p][bold]stag666[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Folkestone Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.[/p][/quote]Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?[/p][/quote]*story[/p][/quote]Yes we all make typo's you saddo, I'm sure your turn will come. Folkestone Saint

10:34am Tue 25 Feb 14

Folkestone Saint says...

gilbertratchet wrote:
Folkestone Saint wrote:
solomum wrote:
louisa12 wrote:
`Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb`
seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???
This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.
Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?
And YOUR contribution to the story, exactly? Oh. You're complaining about the behaviour of another poster. Yes, I see your point. Much more relevant.
" meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk" Whats that then, I would say far more relevant than your contribution you hypocrite.
[quote][p][bold]gilbertratchet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Folkestone Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]louisa12[/bold] wrote: `Tiger King takeaway was one of dirtiest inspector had ever seb` seb ??? Proof readers day off again ???[/p][/quote]This is standard grammar from the Echo journalists. School children could do a better job.[/p][/quote]Are you for real, so the Echo makes a typo on a FREE site, so what, meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk and you have nothing to say about that, is it because you see nothing wrong with the actual storey or pictures?[/p][/quote]And YOUR contribution to the story, exactly? Oh. You're complaining about the behaviour of another poster. Yes, I see your point. Much more relevant.[/p][/quote]" meanwhile Daniel Fan is putting the lives of hundreds of people at risk" Whats that then, I would say far more relevant than your contribution you hypocrite. Folkestone Saint

1:46pm Tue 25 Feb 14

kiddynamite says...

Why do people dislike a post about poor spelling and grammar in the DE? It is supposed to be a professional paper. I suggest the DE staff all go on a course to learn to spell. Jeez my 11 year old nephew makes you salads look like 1st graders!
Why do people dislike a post about poor spelling and grammar in the DE? It is supposed to be a professional paper. I suggest the DE staff all go on a course to learn to spell. Jeez my 11 year old nephew makes you salads look like 1st graders! kiddynamite

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree