Jahmel Jones murder trial jury out to consider verdicts

Jahmel Jones

Jahmel Jones

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter

THE jury in the case of the murder of Jahmel Jones, who was shot dead in a Southampton flat, have retired to deliberate their verdicts.

Jurors have been over seeing the murder trial of Jahmel Jones at Winchester Crown Court for six weeks.

The Hon Justice Keith finished his summing up of the case at Winchester Crown Court this morning.

He told the jury of seven women and five men: "I have been quite a while but make no apologies for that. We know how high the stakes are.

"I am confident you will devote to your deliberations the concentration that you have so conspicuously shown throughout the trial."

He said it would be "desirable" for the jury to deliver unanimous verdicts.

Mr Jones was fatally shot in the head and arm following an incident at a flat in 69 St Mary Street on April 20 last year.

Pierre Lewis, 20, of Castlenau, Barnes, Jemmikai Orlebar-Forbes, 20, of Cloudsdale Road, London, and Isaac Boateng, 22, of Mill Farm Crescent, London, all deny murder.

They have pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply Class A drugs.

Rachel Kenehan, 35, of Hewlett Road, London, denies conspiracy to supply Class A drugs, assisting an offender, and perverting the course of justice.

Proceeding.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree