Hampshire MP warns of risks of carbon monoxide prisoning

Daily Echo: Mike Thornton Mike Thornton

AN MP is urging people to take steps against the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Mike Thornton, pictured, Eastleigh MP, wants residents to install a carbon monoxide alarm.

The Department of Health estimates that 40 people are killed and at least 4,000 are treated in hospital every year because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is produced when fuel such as gas, coal or wood doesn’t burn properly – usually because of a faulty boiler or other appliance or because ventilation has been blocked. An alarm costs about £15.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:18am Sat 1 Mar 14

mickey01 says...

why is this news ??
this a fact that has been spoken about many times
is there an election due or has he got shares in alarms
why is this news ?? this a fact that has been spoken about many times is there an election due or has he got shares in alarms mickey01
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Sat 1 Mar 14

chimneysweep 1234 says...

U **** micky this is serous stuff we come across this problem. Every day think before u speak
U **** micky this is serous stuff we come across this problem. Every day think before u speak chimneysweep 1234
  • Score: -1

10:14pm Sat 1 Mar 14

downfader says...

http://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Motor_vehic
le_emissions#Carbon_
monoxide_.28CO.29

Most if it comes from cars oddly enough. If you have a garage under a bedroom dont let the engine run too long or the emissions seem upwards into the room.

And Mickey, thats a pretty nasty comment to make. My Father worked with gas engineers for years - a lot of people have died, even suffered poor health because of this problem in boilers.
http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Motor_vehic le_emissions#Carbon_ monoxide_.28CO.29 Most if it comes from cars oddly enough. If you have a garage under a bedroom dont let the engine run too long or the emissions seem upwards into the room. And Mickey, thats a pretty nasty comment to make. My Father worked with gas engineers for years - a lot of people have died, even suffered poor health because of this problem in boilers. downfader
  • Score: 1

10:16pm Sat 1 Mar 14

downfader says...

Gah. Seep not seem.
Gah. Seep not seem. downfader
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree