When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Pre-school is first class
YOUNGSTERS were joining in the celebrations after their pre-school was rated as “outstanding” according to Ofsted.
Following an inspection at the Wellow Under Fives Pre-school the school’s watchdog concluded the setting was top of the class when it came to care and learning.
The report highlighted a number of areas in which the pre-school, based in Wellow village hall, excelled. They included how:
- Staff encourage children to be very enthusiastic, inquisitive learners who cooperate extremely well together.
- Children’s progress towards all early learning goals is consistently high in relation to their starting points.
- The accuracy and rigour of the pre-school’s assessments supports highly effective planning for each child’s next steps in learning. As a result, this extensively identifies and closes any gaps in children's progress.
- Staff consistently give the highest priority to the safety of children. They support their growing understanding of how to keep themselves safe and healthy extremely well.
Wellow Under Fives manager Kate Hunt was delighted with the report: “This acknowledgement of our pre-school proves all the hard work to raise our standards has paid off. The staff and parents are really dedicated to creating the kind of environment children deserve, and I think we've succeeded.”
- Wellow Under Fives Pre-school
- Run by a volunteer committee of parents
- 21 children on roll
- Ofsted rating ‘outstanding’.
Comments are closed on this article.