Timsbury church fire 'caused by electrical fault'

Church fire 'caused by electrical fault'

The fire damage inside the church in Timsbury

Second fire in two days at historic church

Firefighters at the second fire at the church in Timsbury

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

AN ELECTRICAL fault caused a blaze that ripped through a Hampshire church, it has been revealed this afternoon.

Firefighters battled to save the St Andrews Church in Timsbury after a fire broke out yesterday.

The blaze ripped into the roof and bell tower but swift action saved around half of the roof of the Norman church in Manor Road.

The alarm was raised at about 7.30am and crews with six pumps took an hour to quell the flames.

Now fire investigators have concluded that the fire was started by an electrical problem.

Firefighters were earlier back at the church for the second time in two days.

Two crews from Romsey returned after smoke was spotted coming from the roof by a passerby at 10.30am.

They were at the scene and used a hose and cutt away material to prevent further fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree