Man rescued from house fire

Daily Echo: Man rescued from house fire Man rescued from house fire

A MAN was rescued by fire crews after a blaze in his kitchen.

A crew from St Mary's station was called to the flat in Denzil Avenue at about 10pm last night.

They discovered a number of items, including tea towels, on fire, and rescued the male occupant of the flat.

His neighbours had alerted the fire service, as he did not have a smoke alarm.

Speaking after the incident, crew manager Gav Hackney said: “It is very important to have working smoke alarms because they raise the alarm if there is a fire.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree