A MAN was rescued by fire crews after a blaze in his kitchen.
A crew from St Mary's station was called to the flat in Denzil Avenue at about 10pm last night.
They discovered a number of items, including tea towels, on fire, and rescued the male occupant of the flat.
His neighbours had alerted the fire service, as he did not have a smoke alarm.
Speaking after the incident, crew manager Gav Hackney said: “It is very important to have working smoke alarms because they raise the alarm if there is a fire.”