ALL she wanted to be was a mum.

But less than a year after the birth of her second child, Hampshire mum Alison Fleuret died from a rare brain condition.

Ali, 41, and Jason Collings, of Locks Heath, had tried for a baby for ten years before they had daughter Chloe in 2011 and then son Thomas last March.

The couple tried IVF, eating special foods and even abstaining from alcohol and caffeine and were overjoyed when Chloe was conceived naturally.

Now Jason has told of the void in his life as he paid tribute to Ali – who has helped save the life of three other people and give the gift of sight to two others after agreeing to donate her organs if she died.

The 40-year-old, who was with Ali for 18 years, said: “Losing Ali has absolutely blown my world apart. She was loved by so many and everyone that she knew has such kind words to say about her.

“Ali was everyone’s best friend. When anyone needed help she was there, cooking meals for them or listening to their troubles.”

Daily Echo:

It was at antenatal classes after Chloe’s birth that Ali set up a Southampton mother’s group with her peers, and Jason said their support has been crucial in getting his family through the ordeal.

He said: “The mums have been amazing and have got me through this. It was Chloe’s birthday days after Ali died and the plan was to have a party at our home but with everything that happened I was struggling.

“But they did everything for me and I opened the door on her birthday and there were party bags, balloons and food. It was an amazing party and it was down to them.”

It was just after Christmas when Ali, a former holistic therapist, complained of headaches, developed a flu-like virus and then appeared to suffer a stroke when her left arm became painful and the left side of her face dropped.

But when she got to hospital a scan revealed her brain was swelling rapidly and she was later diagnosed with Acute Haemorrhagic Encephalo-Myelitis, a rare condition where the immune system mistakenly attacks brain tissue.

Jason, of Laurel Road, Locks Heath, said: “The scan at Queen Alexandra Hospital showed swelling the size of a small orange and they were not sure what it was. Ali was transferred to the Wessex Neurological Centre at Southampton General and that is when I realised how serious it was.”

Despite an operation removing part of her skull to allow her brain to expand, Alison could not recover and sadly died on February 4.

Jason, a marine surveyor, said: “I was blown away by the phenomenal care Ali received in hospital. They were just brilliant and I will be putting money towards their charity.”

Ali’s organs were donated to others, saving three lives while her eyes were used to give sight to two people.

Jason added: “This was a real comfort to me as this is what she wanted and the message I want to get out is tick that box to donate organs because it is an amazing gift for someone.”

The mum’s group is continuing to meet in her memory and plans to plant a mulberry tree and plaque in honour of Ali in St John’s Park, Locks Heath.