Two hurt in chip pan blaze in St Mary's, Southampton

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter

TWO people needed hospital treatment after a chip pan blaze at flat in Southampton today (Friday).

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a second floor property in Cranbury Avenue, in St Mary’s, at 4.17pm.

Nine firefighters from St Mary’s fire station arrived to lead the people to safety before they were taken to Southampton General Hospital by ambulance for treatment for burns.

Crews in breathing apparatus used hose reels to put out the flames and used ventilator fans to clear the badly smoke logged room.

The fire was out by 5.05pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree