Man suffers burns and woman smoke inhalation after fire at city flat

Daily Echo: Two taken to hospital in Southampton fire drama Two taken to hospital in Southampton fire drama

A man suffered burns to his head and face after tackling a fire at his Southampton home.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said he used a wet tea towel to extinguish a chip plan blaze at his second floor flat in Cranbury Avenue, pictured below, yesterday evening.

Daily Echo:

He was one of two people taken to Southampton General Hospital following the fire, which broke out at 5pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “When we got there a woman was lying on a mattress in the lounge and a man was at the front door, having suffered burns putting the fire out.

“We gave him with first aid and oxygen therapy. The woman was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation and was also taken to hospital.”

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:21am Sat 15 Mar 14

mickey01 says...

thought chip pans were a thing of the past , dangerous things if unattended or overfilled
thought chip pans were a thing of the past , dangerous things if unattended or overfilled mickey01
  • Score: 0

4:47pm Sat 15 Mar 14

thesouth says...

mickey01 wrote:
thought chip pans were a thing of the past , dangerous things if unattended or overfilled
Thanks for that
[quote][p][bold]mickey01[/bold] wrote: thought chip pans were a thing of the past , dangerous things if unattended or overfilled[/p][/quote]Thanks for that thesouth
  • Score: -1

7:03pm Sat 15 Mar 14

BeyondImagination says...

Crinkle cut oven chips for me.
Crinkle cut oven chips for me. BeyondImagination
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree