A SAILOR suffered minor burns after a fire broke out at a Hampshire marina.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said a man was heating wax on one of the boats moored at Swanwick Marina when the blaze began.

A 35ft boat was badly damaged in the fire, which also spread to a neighbouring vessel.

Daily Echo:

A fire service spokesman said one man suffered minor burns in the incident yesterday and was treated at the scene by paramedics from South Central Ambulance Service.

The blaze was extinguished by firefighters from Cosham, who were returning from a training exercise in the area when they were diverted.