Firefighters tackle toxic fumes during workshop blaze

Firefighters tackle toxic fumes during workshop blaze

Firefighters tackle toxic fumes during workshop blaze

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS had to deal with toxic fumes as they battled a potentially dangerous fire at a factory workshop in Totton.

Firefighters from Totton and Redbridge had to wear special breathing equipment to tackle the blaze at the single-story workshop in Commercial Road, Totton.

They had to deal with fumes from epoxy resin, a hazardous material which was left in an industrial oven that was left on overnight.

The 13 firefighters used a hosereel, one covering jet and wore two breathing apparatus equipment.

A spokesman for Redbridge Fire Station, said that that it had the potential to be ‘much worse’ as there were propane cylinders inside the factory, which could have been set alight.

The fire started at 10.56pm and was put out successfully at 12.21am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree