People living in the top floor told to leave their homes as smoke billowed from flat

Daily Echo: Apartment block residents evacuated after reports of fire Apartment block residents evacuated after reports of fire

RESIDENTS were evacuated this evening from a block of flats amid fears a fire had broken out.

People living in the top floor of the building in Maycroft Court in Hulse Road, Southampton, were told to leave their homes after reports of a kitchen fire at about 7.30pm.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service crews then located the source of the fire which, it was said, was pan of oil that had overheated on a hob.

No-one was injured.

Crews have been using fans to disperse smoke.

It is understood students live in the affected flat.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree