Winchester family raised the alarm after a jackdaw got stuck in the chimney of their Stanmore home

Daily Echo: Firefighters called to free bird stuck in chimney Firefighters called to free bird stuck in chimney

FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a bird trapped in a chimney.

They were called by a family home in Fox Lane, Stanmore, in Winchester where a jackdaw had flown into the chimney, got past the chimney guard but could not get out.

A fire service animal rescue specialist and RSPCA officer also attended.

The crew from Winchester used ladders to get onto the roof and remove the chimney guard, which allowed the bird to get out and fly away after getting the call out around 4.30pm on Saturday .

A firefighter at Winchester said it was thought the bird, which was not hurt, may have been trapped there for up to a day.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:44pm Sun 20 Apr 14

WarwickNights says...

A horrific story. My thoughts go to the brave men and women of the fire service who had to contend with this tragedy
A horrific story. My thoughts go to the brave men and women of the fire service who had to contend with this tragedy WarwickNights
  • Score: 1

5:19pm Sun 20 Apr 14

thesouth says...

Glad the bird is ok but a news story!??
Glad the bird is ok but a news story!?? thesouth
  • Score: 1

8:13pm Sun 20 Apr 14

chimneysweep 1234 says...

Stupid waist of money they normaly call the sweep we get them out
Stupid waist of money they normaly call the sweep we get them out chimneysweep 1234
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree