When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Winchester family raised the alarm after a jackdaw got stuck in the chimney of their Stanmore home
12:55pm Sunday 20th April 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a bird trapped in a chimney.
They were called by a family home in Fox Lane, Stanmore, in Winchester where a jackdaw had flown into the chimney, got past the chimney guard but could not get out.
A fire service animal rescue specialist and RSPCA officer also attended.
The crew from Winchester used ladders to get onto the roof and remove the chimney guard, which allowed the bird to get out and fly away after getting the call out around 4.30pm on Saturday .
A firefighter at Winchester said it was thought the bird, which was not hurt, may have been trapped there for up to a day.
Comments are closed on this article.