When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
A jackdaw was freed after becoming trapped in a Winchester chimney
FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a bird trapped in a chimney.
They were called to a family home in Fox Lane, Stanmore, in Winchester where a jackdaw had flown into the chimney, got past the chimney guard but could not get out.
A fire service animal rescue specialist and RSPCA officer also attended.
The crew from Winchester used ladders to get on to the roof and remove the chimney guard, which allowed the bird to fly away after getting the call at around 4.30pm on Saturday.
A firefighter said it was thought the bird, which was not hurt, may have been trapped there for up to a day.
Comments are closed on this article.