A jackdaw was freed after becoming trapped in a Winchester chimney

A jackdaw, similar to this one, was trapped in a Winchester chimney

A jackdaw, similar to this one, was trapped in a Winchester chimney

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a bird trapped in a chimney.

They were called to a family home in Fox Lane, Stanmore, in Winchester where a jackdaw had flown into the chimney, got past the chimney guard but could not get out.

A fire service animal rescue specialist and RSPCA officer also attended.

The crew from Winchester used ladders to get on to the roof and remove the chimney guard, which allowed the bird to fly away after getting the call at around 4.30pm on Saturday.

A firefighter said it was thought the bird, which was not hurt, may have been trapped there for up to a day.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree