Garage destroyed after tumble dryer catches fire in Ashdown Close, Chandlers Ford

Daily Echo: Garage destroyed after tumble dryer catches fire Garage destroyed after tumble dryer catches fire

A GARAGE was destroyed after a tumble dryer caught fire.

A total of 11 firefighters from Eastleigh fire station were called to a blaze at a semi-detached home in Ashdown Close, Chandlers Ford, at 8.20pm yesterday.

The fire spread to a brand new Ford Fiesta in the garage, outside fences, wheelie bins, and scorched the side of the house.

They used two hose reels, one jet, and four breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.

The garage was totally destroyed by the fire while the car is a write off.

The occupant was advised to stay away from the property over night.

Watch manager Andy Piller said: "Residents should ensure they clean the filters out of tumble dryers regularly and only use white domestic appliances when you are in or awake.

"Also, do not overload the tumble dryer."

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:31pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Positively4thStreet says...

Tumble dryers need to be well maintained,and monitored when in use,and NEVER,left on at night,or when the house is unoccupied.
Tumble dryers need to be well maintained,and monitored when in use,and NEVER,left on at night,or when the house is unoccupied. Positively4thStreet
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree