Driver scalded after car overheats on the M3

Daily Echo: Driver scalded after car overheats Driver scalded after car overheats

A DRIVER was scalded after opening his car's water tank when the engine overheated.

Firefighters from Eastleigh and Winchester were called to the incident between junctions 12 and 11 on the M3 northbound at 3.45am today.

The 22-year-old driver pulled over his Volkswagen Golf after the engine overheated and took the cap off the water tank but was left with a severely scalded arm.

He was taken to hospital by South Central Ambulance for treatment.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:47am Sat 7 Jun 14

chris_ja says...

What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.
What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill. chris_ja
  • Score: 1

11:24am Sat 7 Jun 14

cliffwalker says...

chris_ja wrote:
What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.
Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury?
Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour.
[quote][p][bold]chris_ja[/bold] wrote: What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.[/p][/quote]Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury? Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour. cliffwalker
  • Score: 6

1:48pm Sat 7 Jun 14

richard57 says...

doh.he must be thick then.if you dont know the basics he shouldnt be on the road
doh.he must be thick then.if you dont know the basics he shouldnt be on the road richard57
  • Score: 0

2:54pm Sat 7 Jun 14

cliffwalker says...

richard57 wrote:
doh.he must be thick then.if you dont know the basics he shouldnt be on the road
I defend your right to comment on here even though you don't know the basics of writing in English.
[quote][p][bold]richard57[/bold] wrote: doh.he must be thick then.if you dont know the basics he shouldnt be on the road[/p][/quote]I defend your right to comment on here even though you don't know the basics of writing in English. cliffwalker
  • Score: 1

3:09pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Zexagon says...

If you don't know,you don't know. He'll know next time.
If you don't know,you don't know. He'll know next time. Zexagon
  • Score: 5

6:09pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Redondo Saint says...

Water tank???

Radiator I think you mean!!
Poor journalism.
Water tank??? Radiator I think you mean!! Poor journalism. Redondo Saint
  • Score: -5

8:08pm Sat 7 Jun 14

jonone says...

cliffwalker wrote:
chris_ja wrote:
What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.
Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury?
Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour.
Anyone who doesn't know must be monumentally stupid - there are warnings on the coolant tank itself!
[quote][p][bold]cliffwalker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chris_ja[/bold] wrote: What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.[/p][/quote]Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury? Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour.[/p][/quote]Anyone who doesn't know must be monumentally stupid - there are warnings on the coolant tank itself! jonone
  • Score: -3

6:13pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Zexagon says...

jonone wrote:
cliffwalker wrote:
chris_ja wrote:
What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.
Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury?
Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour.
Anyone who doesn't know must be monumentally stupid - there are warnings on the coolant tank itself!
Yeah I expect he read that at 3.45 in the morning
[quote][p][bold]jonone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cliffwalker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chris_ja[/bold] wrote: What a complete and total idiot - EVERYONE knows you don't remove the cap for the cooling system until the pressure has fallen again. Fail - send him the medical bill.[/p][/quote]Obviously EVERYONE (was that loud enough?) does not know that. Do you believe he removed the cap knowing he risked serious injury? Anyone reading this story should take note, however, about this young man's dangerous behaviour.[/p][/quote]Anyone who doesn't know must be monumentally stupid - there are warnings on the coolant tank itself![/p][/quote]Yeah I expect he read that at 3.45 in the morning Zexagon
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree