Train blaze ‘not suspicious’

Daily Echo: Train blaze ‘not suspicious’ Train blaze ‘not suspicious’

AN electrical fault is thought to be to blame for a blaze on a train at a Hampshire depot.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was not being treated as suspicious following an investigation.

Emergency services raced to the Campbell Road Railway Works, Eastleigh, where a four-carriage diesel train had caught fire.

Residents described how thick black smoke could be seen and smelt from their houses on Campbell Road.

The engine compartment and diesel tank of one of the compartments was completely destroyed and the bodywork of the second carriage was damaged.

Firefighters from Eastleigh, Southampton and Fareham worked for several hours to extinguish the flames.

No one was injured.

Yesterday the fire service said it appeared that the fire had been caused by an electrical fault.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree