A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Controversial landmark tower to remain empty for a year
- Pensioners in fear after spate of break-ins
- Technology crisis at hospital
- VIDEO: Bus blocks level crossing as train approaches
- Overturned lorry shuts major road
- Benefits cuts to hit 12,000 working families
- Weekend music spectacular
- Crash on major city road causes delays
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.