When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bassett Avenue in Southampton shut following multi-vehicle crash
A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Hospital to undergo revamp
- Suspect cleared of murder he confessed to
- Town one of the most car dependent in the UK
- 'Don't drive when tired' - family's plea after son's death
- Movie star Seagal at centre of political storm ahead of Southampton gig
- Police renew appeal for man missing since April
- Plans revealed for £40m development on city site
- Kids taking to the police beat to help prevent crime
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.