A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Southampton protests on streets of London over Immigration Street
- Traffic misery in Southampton as traffic lights fail
- Immigration Street TV show cut short due to 'filming difficulties'
- Efit released in hunt for Gumtree car thief
- Bank card scam warning in Southampton
- Tesco to shut one of its major stores
- City MP bids to put a halt to fracking plans
- Tributes to selfless Southampton hospital volunteer
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.