A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Puppy savaged to death in dog attack
- New local TV channel takes to the air
- Hospital's new accomodation for families of sick children due to open
- Smoke alarm warning after kitchen fire
- Plans to shut walk-in centre shelved - for now
- Man shocks woman with bizarre social media request
- City doctors lead the way in prostate cancer diagnosis
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.