When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bassett Avenue in Southampton shut following multi-vehicle crash
A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- VIDEO: Hundreds descend on Southampton city centre for boyband Union J
- Mum turns a trauma into something positive for community
- Woman's body found on river shore
- Tragic death of mum who beat cancer
- Man tormented by bird attacks at his own home
- Victim trapped sex attacker through text messages
- Man rescued while sailing to America in dinghy
- County named as hotspot for dog thefts
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.
Comments are closed on this article.