A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Popstar and actor David Essex visits Southampton book store to sign copies of his first book
- Air ambulance targeted by laser pens
- WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Widower left with horrific injuries after suffering hospital infection
- Seriously-ill Hope lives like a Disney princess for a day
- Police investigation launched after body found in home
- Success for campaign to help Southampton charity that helps the needy
- A fourth ex-Saints youth player makes allegations against same man
- UPDATE: Girl arrested after 13-year-old 'viciously attacked' as 40 youngsters looked on
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.