A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- 700 new jobs plan for derelict city site
- Organised gang crackdown finds £1m worth of luxury cars
- Drugs gang jailed for total of 30 years
- Motorist trapped in van after crash
- Gas leak causes major delays in city centre
- Three injured in crash on city bridge
- Casting calls for 'secret' Hollywood movie in Southampton
- Pants idea leads to award nomination for Southampton entrepreneur Becky
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.