Elliot Harding's family want drivers to learn dangers of driving when tired after his death in Austria

Elliot Harding

Elliot Harding

Elliot Harding

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

A SOUTHAMPTON man died when his girlfriend fell asleep behind the wheel of the car she was driving in Austria, an inquest heard.

Elliot Harding was killed when metal railings “speared” into the car Bianca Leuschner was driving after she ploughed it into a bridge parapet.

Now the 24-year-old’s devastated family are warning motorists of the dangers of driving when tired after they lost “a wonderful young man”.

The couple had been travelling on a 170-mile trip back home from a music festival to her house in Zell Am See when she fell asleep.

Southampton Coroner’s Court heard that Leuschner had taken over driving after the former member of the TA felt tired but moments later she lost control of the red Mitsubishi Colt.

Witness Rico Mayrle, who was travelling behind the couple, said he saw the car swerve off the carriageway, “out over the curb” and collide with the bridge parapet.

Daily Echo:

He said: “I can give no reason as to why the car had veered off the carriageway.”

Grahame Short, coroner for Southampton and the New Forest determined that the former oil refinery worker from Woolston died as a result of a road traffic accident on August 21, 2011.

Leuschner was arrested for involuntary manslaughter for driving without due care and attention and at a trial in Austria she was fined a total of €2,080.

Represented by Slater and Gordon Lawyers, Elliott’s family are now pursuing a civil action against Leuschner’s insurers.

They are urging drivers to rest on long journeys in a bid to prevent other families from suffering as they did.

Speaking after the inquest Elliot’s dad, Ian, said the incident had “ruined all of our lives”.

Remembering Elliot as a real adventurer, he said: “Our lives will simply never be the same again. We have a huge void which is just impossible to fill and we all miss him very much.”

Daily Echo:

“Elliot was a very bright young man with his whole life ahead of him so to lose him has been more devastating than is possibly imaginable.

“I would urge anyone who is driving to take regular breaks and if you do feel tired please stop and have a rest.”

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:41am Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely? Zexagon
  • Score: -10

10:29am Thu 24 Jul 14

andysaints007 says...

Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT andysaints007
  • Score: 1

10:54am Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
[quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat Zexagon
  • Score: -3

10:56am Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

Then people will think with saints007 in your name your older than 12
Then people will think with saints007 in your name your older than 12 Zexagon
  • Score: 4

2:01pm Thu 24 Jul 14

KA says...

Why shouldn't they make a claim?.. they lost their son because Leuschner fell asleep at the wheel!
Why shouldn't they make a claim?.. they lost their son because Leuschner fell asleep at the wheel! KA
  • Score: 4

2:11pm Thu 24 Jul 14

AFrustratedCyclist says...

They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP AFrustratedCyclist
  • Score: -1

2:13pm Thu 24 Jul 14

AFrustratedCyclist says...

Yes I know this was in OZ but the same happens in the UK too.
Yes I know this was in OZ but the same happens in the UK too. AFrustratedCyclist
  • Score: -6

2:13pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

KA wrote:
Why shouldn't they make a claim?.. they lost their son because Leuschner fell asleep at the wheel!
I just think it devalues their sons life. I could understand it if he was alive and needed permanent care. I couldn't do it. Spending the money would make me feel guilty
[quote][p][bold]KA[/bold] wrote: Why shouldn't they make a claim?.. they lost their son because Leuschner fell asleep at the wheel![/p][/quote]I just think it devalues their sons life. I could understand it if he was alive and needed permanent care. I couldn't do it. Spending the money would make me feel guilty Zexagon
  • Score: 1

2:41pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
[quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident? Zexagon
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

Would the family press for a civil action if it was brother and sister in the car instead of boyfriend/girlfriend
Would the family press for a civil action if it was brother and sister in the car instead of boyfriend/girlfriend Zexagon
  • Score: 1

3:00pm Thu 24 Jul 14

andysaints007 says...

Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl. andysaints007
  • Score: -2

3:02pm Thu 24 Jul 14

AFrustratedCyclist says...

Zexagon wrote:
AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
It was a decision to drive while tired to the point where they actually fell asleep. The driver didn't accidentally fall into the car, accidentally start it, and accidentally drive away while extremely tired did they?

no then it wasn't an accident was it!

The dictionary definition of an accident:
An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

Unexpectedly! Would it be unexpected to fall asleep if you're very tired? No of course not.
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident?[/p][/quote]It was a decision to drive while tired to the point where they actually fell asleep. The driver didn't accidentally fall into the car, accidentally start it, and accidentally drive away while extremely tired did they? no then it wasn't an accident was it! The dictionary definition of an accident: An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. Unexpectedly! Would it be unexpected to fall asleep if you're very tired? No of course not. AFrustratedCyclist
  • Score: -3

3:07pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you?
You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire
[quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.[/p][/quote]Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you? You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire Zexagon
  • Score: -1

3:14pm Thu 24 Jul 14

andysaints007 says...

Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you?
You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire
Niw that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.[/p][/quote]Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you? You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire[/p][/quote]Niw that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx andysaints007
  • Score: -1

3:16pm Thu 24 Jul 14

andysaints007 says...

Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you?
You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire
Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx
Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one
MWAH x
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.[/p][/quote]Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you? You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire[/p][/quote]Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one MWAH x andysaints007
  • Score: -1

4:58pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you?
You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire
Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx
Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one
MWAH x
That's made your day? Quite a life you lead.Spelling mistakes don't do anything for me. It's nice to see you say more than one word though,keep it up ;-)
[quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.[/p][/quote]Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you? You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire[/p][/quote]Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one MWAH x[/p][/quote]That's made your day? Quite a life you lead.Spelling mistakes don't do anything for me. It's nice to see you say more than one word though,keep it up ;-) Zexagon
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
It was a decision to drive while tired to the point where they actually fell asleep. The driver didn't accidentally fall into the car, accidentally start it, and accidentally drive away while extremely tired did they?

no then it wasn't an accident was it!

The dictionary definition of an accident:
An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

Unexpectedly! Would it be unexpected to fall asleep if you're very tired? No of course not.
So she got in the car with the intention of falling asleep and killing her boyfriend and possibly herself? And are you saying if it was her brother who died in the accident you'd want her to go to prison. The boyfriend knew she was tired so he's at fault too for getting into the car knowing she may fall asleep and crash
[quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident?[/p][/quote]It was a decision to drive while tired to the point where they actually fell asleep. The driver didn't accidentally fall into the car, accidentally start it, and accidentally drive away while extremely tired did they? no then it wasn't an accident was it! The dictionary definition of an accident: An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. Unexpectedly! Would it be unexpected to fall asleep if you're very tired? No of course not.[/p][/quote]So she got in the car with the intention of falling asleep and killing her boyfriend and possibly herself? And are you saying if it was her brother who died in the accident you'd want her to go to prison. The boyfriend knew she was tired so he's at fault too for getting into the car knowing she may fall asleep and crash Zexagon
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Lone Ranger. says...

Zexagon wrote:
Then people will think with saints007 in your name your older than 12
No they wont
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: Then people will think with saints007 in your name your older than 12[/p][/quote]No they wont Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 2

6:42pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Aime88 says...

I could have easily been the other way round and Im sure Bianca's family would be doing the same as Elliots. As it is, both families have suffered a tragedy. The Hardings have lost their son, brother, uncle, nephew and grandchild whilst the Leuschner's have had to support Bianca through a trial not to mention the life-long guilt of being responsible for the death of a loved one.
Ian and Irene are wonderful loving people and I was lucky enough to be a part of their family for nearly 4 years. When you decide to make a comment on these articles please stop for a second and remember that these are real people who have suffered an awful loss and that you also don't have enough details to make a judgment.

R.I.P smelliot lots of love x
I could have easily been the other way round and Im sure Bianca's family would be doing the same as Elliots. As it is, both families have suffered a tragedy. The Hardings have lost their son, brother, uncle, nephew and grandchild whilst the Leuschner's have had to support Bianca through a trial not to mention the life-long guilt of being responsible for the death of a loved one. Ian and Irene are wonderful loving people and I was lucky enough to be a part of their family for nearly 4 years. When you decide to make a comment on these articles please stop for a second and remember that these are real people who have suffered an awful loss and that you also don't have enough details to make a judgment. R.I.P smelliot lots of love x Aime88
  • Score: 4

6:43pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Aime88 says...

It could not I could***
It could not I could*** Aime88
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Thu 24 Jul 14

mickey01 says...

Aime88 wrote:
I could have easily been the other way round and Im sure Bianca's family would be doing the same as Elliots. As it is, both families have suffered a tragedy. The Hardings have lost their son, brother, uncle, nephew and grandchild whilst the Leuschner's have had to support Bianca through a trial not to mention the life-long guilt of being responsible for the death of a loved one.
Ian and Irene are wonderful loving people and I was lucky enough to be a part of their family for nearly 4 years. When you decide to make a comment on these articles please stop for a second and remember that these are real people who have suffered an awful loss and that you also don't have enough details to make a judgment.

R.I.P smelliot lots of love x
Well said
and until this sad event happens to you, nobody can say how they would feel and what they would do
[quote][p][bold]Aime88[/bold] wrote: I could have easily been the other way round and Im sure Bianca's family would be doing the same as Elliots. As it is, both families have suffered a tragedy. The Hardings have lost their son, brother, uncle, nephew and grandchild whilst the Leuschner's have had to support Bianca through a trial not to mention the life-long guilt of being responsible for the death of a loved one. Ian and Irene are wonderful loving people and I was lucky enough to be a part of their family for nearly 4 years. When you decide to make a comment on these articles please stop for a second and remember that these are real people who have suffered an awful loss and that you also don't have enough details to make a judgment. R.I.P smelliot lots of love x[/p][/quote]Well said and until this sad event happens to you, nobody can say how they would feel and what they would do mickey01
  • Score: 2

9:25pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Sir Ad E Noid says...

Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
Weirdo.
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]Weirdo. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 0

9:27pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Sir Ad E Noid says...

Zexagon wrote:
AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident.
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident?[/p][/quote]It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 0

9:51pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Aime88 says...

Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident.
"Grahame Short, coroner for Southampton and the New Forest determined that the former oil refinery worker from Woolston died as a result of a road traffic accident on August 21, 2011."

ACCIDENT I'm sure millions of people drive tired, never intending to have an accident. She was irresponsible not homicidal.

You all seem to be missing the actual point of the article!

They are trying to raise awareness of the dangers of driving tired. The blame has been laid and the trial is over, now they want to try and stop people making the same mistake. They can't tell people how dangerous it can be without writing about what happened to Elliot so it has to be included in the article.

How is it that none of the comments so far have been relevant to the actual topic?
DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF A LETHAL WEAPON!
[quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident?[/p][/quote]It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident.[/p][/quote]"Grahame Short, coroner for Southampton and the New Forest determined that the former oil refinery worker from Woolston died as a result of a road traffic accident on August 21, 2011." ACCIDENT I'm sure millions of people drive tired, never intending to have an accident. She was irresponsible not homicidal. You all seem to be missing the actual point of the article! They are trying to raise awareness of the dangers of driving tired. The blame has been laid and the trial is over, now they want to try and stop people making the same mistake. They can't tell people how dangerous it can be without writing about what happened to Elliot so it has to be included in the article. How is it that none of the comments so far have been relevant to the actual topic? DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF A LETHAL WEAPON! Aime88
  • Score: 2

11:16pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Zexagon says...

Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
AFrustratedCyclist wrote:
They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one.

To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test!

Driving is privilege not a right!

I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again.

RIP
What was it if it wasn't an accident?
It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident.
The coroner seems to think it was a road traffic accident. Shall I see if I can find his number for you to put him straight?
[quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFrustratedCyclist[/bold] wrote: They're pursuing a civil claim to try and hurt the person that killed their son because the law once again lets people down. The driver's actions\choices have resulted in them killing somebody but because a car is involved the law allows that. In any other circumstance were you to kill somebody through a choice as stupid as this one, you would be standing trial for murder\manslaughter and doing time, but because a car is involved the victims and their family's are let down again and again! This was not an accident! so should have been treated as one. To drive you are meant to meet certain standards every day not just for your test! Driving is privilege not a right! I hope out of respect the driver never gets behind the wheel of a car again. RIP[/p][/quote]What was it if it wasn't an accident?[/p][/quote]It is a RTI, a road traffic incident, and fatal. It was not an accident.[/p][/quote]The coroner seems to think it was a road traffic accident. Shall I see if I can find his number for you to put him straight? Zexagon
  • Score: 1

10:21pm Fri 25 Jul 14

andysaints007 says...

Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
andysaints007 wrote:
Zexagon wrote:
We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?
IDIOT
Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat
Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.
Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you?
You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire
Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx
Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one
MWAH x
That's made your day? Quite a life you lead.Spelling mistakes don't do anything for me. It's nice to see you say more than one word though,keep it up ;-)
Quite a life, yes - but still not as boring as yours you little saddo xx
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andysaints007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: We have a huge void which is impossible to fill.......... Why are they pursuing a civil action against the insurers? Not money surely?[/p][/quote]IDIOT[/p][/quote]Not only a one word answer again? That's unlike you? Why don't you actually provide an answer you thick tvvat[/p][/quote]Ooooops sorry. What I should have said was, you are a pathetic, sad, boring individual who seems to have nothing better to do than come on here all the time and whinge and moan like a little girl.[/p][/quote]Unlike you .Who can't string more than a few words together. Moan like a little girl? You really are 12 aren't you? I see you're hardly ever on here are you? You really are a complete Pratt. That's one from your repertoire[/p][/quote]Now that's funny ;-) Thanks for making my day, you little bore xx Thought I better alter the spelling mistake before it sends you off on one MWAH x[/p][/quote]That's made your day? Quite a life you lead.Spelling mistakes don't do anything for me. It's nice to see you say more than one word though,keep it up ;-)[/p][/quote]Quite a life, yes - but still not as boring as yours you little saddo xx andysaints007
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree