Fire in Lodge Road, Southampton, after man falls asleep leaving food under grill

Man rescued after home blaze

Man rescued after home blaze

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Education Reporter

A MAN had to be rescued from his property after a fire started in the kitchen.

It is thought the man had fallen asleep after putting food under the grill at the home on Lodge Road in Southampton just after 9pm last night.

Crews from St Mary's and Redbridge fire stations responded to the 999 call after neighbours heard the smoke alarm sounding from inside the property.

The man was checked over but did not need hospital treatment.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree