Tempers flare as Gaza protest takes to streets of Southampton

Protesters march in protest over violence in Gaza

Protesters march in protest over violence in Gaza

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

OLICE had to keep rival protesters apart as hundreds took to the streets in Southampton over the escalating crisis in war-torn Gaza.

Officers were forced to step in as tempers flared when far-right activists attempted to confront pro-Palestinian marchers.

Waving placards demanding an end to the violence that has claimed the lives of 1,000 in Gaza, the protesters gathered in East Park before marching to the BBC studios in Havelock Road.

The demonstration, the third of its kind in the city in the past fortnight, was supposed to have started at the city’s Cenotaph before moving through the centre.

But a rival demonstration by about 20 members of the far-right English Defence League (EDL), chanting pro-Israeli slogans and unfurling a Star of David flag, forced the protesters to move from Watts Park across Above Bar Street to East Park.

Some of the EDL claimed to be from Southampton but others were waving flags from its ‘Kent division’.

They heckled the pro-Palestine protesters with obscene language and offensive comments as the names of the children killed in Gaza were read out – and while the protesters walked past East Park in Cumberland Place.

Organisers of the demonstration pleaded with those gathering not to be baited into a fight, reminding them they were marching for peace.

The Southampton demonstrators were joining protesters across the UK calling for an end to Israel’s bombing of Gaza, a Palestinian region on the Mediterranean Sea.

Protest organiser Lewis Abdullah Cattel, from the Grass Roots Muslim Movement, said: “We are hoping we can unite everyone behind the cause.

“What’s happening in Gaza has escalated and we feel it’s one of the greatest humanitarian causes in our age.

“It has been for a long time but the current bombardment of Gaza has made it come out into public again.

“We thought this was the best time to make a concerted effort to bring the situation of Gaza to an end.”

A Hampshire police spokeswoman said that officers had investigated an incident of disorder during the march and arrested a 46-year-old man from Fareham, who was later given a caution for common assault.

The march came as the death toll in Gaza reached 1,000. Thirty-nine Israelis have died.

Israel launched its military offensive on July 8, on the grounds of stopping Islamic resistance movement Hamas firing rockets at it.

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:47am Mon 28 Jul 14

KSO16R says...

EDL . . . What fools !
EDL . . . What fools ! KSO16R
  • Score: 17

12:02pm Mon 28 Jul 14

u bunch of mugs says...

Well done EDL. If they are that worried about what's going on go home and do something about it and stay there.
Well done EDL. If they are that worried about what's going on go home and do something about it and stay there. u bunch of mugs
  • Score: -16

12:04pm Mon 28 Jul 14

camerajuan says...

How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are. camerajuan
  • Score: 24

12:25pm Mon 28 Jul 14

southy says...

camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
[quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started. southy
  • Score: 5

1:24pm Mon 28 Jul 14

noodlesnewman says...

southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
nice one mate , so glad some of us brits have still got some empathy left in us !
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]nice one mate , so glad some of us brits have still got some empathy left in us ! noodlesnewman
  • Score: 3

1:26pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948. Torchie1
  • Score: 0

2:07pm Mon 28 Jul 14

dango says...

What's happening in Palastine is nothing short of genocide. Ironic that this time it's the Israelis carrying it out. They should be ashamed of themselves as should the US for funding them.

The EDL are fascist, moronic thugs who have no concept of what is happening or why. Any right thinking Brit should oppose them at every turn.
What's happening in Palastine is nothing short of genocide. Ironic that this time it's the Israelis carrying it out. They should be ashamed of themselves as should the US for funding them. The EDL are fascist, moronic thugs who have no concept of what is happening or why. Any right thinking Brit should oppose them at every turn. dango
  • Score: 19

2:17pm Mon 28 Jul 14

camerajuan says...

Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously!
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.[/p][/quote]The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously! camerajuan
  • Score: 3

3:04pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Torchie1 says...

camerajuan wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously!
Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.
[quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.[/p][/quote]The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously![/p][/quote]Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts. Torchie1
  • Score: -1

3:25pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Dai Rear says...

The caption of the leading picture is "Protesters march in protest over violence in Gaza " Should it be" Protesters march in Gaza over violence"?
All the people pictured may well be Gazans and if they are protesting about the morons amongst them firing rockets, good for them. Better still throw those morons in the Med and let them swim to Syria.
The caption of the leading picture is "Protesters march in protest over violence in Gaza " Should it be" Protesters march in Gaza over violence"? All the people pictured may well be Gazans and if they are protesting about the morons amongst them firing rockets, good for them. Better still throw those morons in the Med and let them swim to Syria. Dai Rear
  • Score: -10

4:06pm Mon 28 Jul 14

southy says...

noodlesnewman wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
nice one mate , so glad some of us brits have still got some empathy left in us !
Its just facts of history that did take place.
[quote][p][bold]noodlesnewman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]nice one mate , so glad some of us brits have still got some empathy left in us ![/p][/quote]Its just facts of history that did take place. southy
  • Score: -4

4:31pm Mon 28 Jul 14

southy says...

Torchie1 wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously!
Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.
The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained.

"The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II)."

Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara.

UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.[/p][/quote]The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously![/p][/quote]Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.[/p][/quote]The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained. "The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).[2]" Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara. UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950 southy
  • Score: -1

4:39pm Mon 28 Jul 14

cowley says...

Good on ya EDL!!
Good on ya EDL!! cowley
  • Score: -19

4:51pm Mon 28 Jul 14

mickey01 says...

Have i missed something here ? was there not a cease fire that was broken by hamas within 20 hours
so who is to blame for all this
Have i missed something here ? was there not a cease fire that was broken by hamas within 20 hours so who is to blame for all this mickey01
  • Score: -4

5:57pm Mon 28 Jul 14

dango says...

cowley wrote:
Good on ya EDL!!
^^^ knuckle dragging mouth-breather.
[quote][p][bold]cowley[/bold] wrote: Good on ya EDL!![/p][/quote]^^^ knuckle dragging mouth-breather. dango
  • Score: 3

6:00pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Highfielder says...

Amazing how Muslims and their left-wing acolytes are opposed to Jews living in Israel but see nothing wrong with the invasion of Britain by Muslim settlers. If Gaza had spent a fraction of the enormous sums that the UN, Qatar and other Arab states have given them over the years for things that benefitted the people of Gaza instead of spending millions of pounds building tunnels and millions more buying Qasem and other rockets to fire randomley at Israeli civilians the people of Gaza would not now be in the horrific situation Hamas has forced them into.
Every rocket fired by Hamas from Gaza is a war crime. The Palestinian Authority UN Envoy said so himself two weeks ago on P.A. TV news in response to a question asking why the P.A. hadn't signed up to the InternationalCrimina
l Court.
Amazing how Muslims and their left-wing acolytes are opposed to Jews living in Israel but see nothing wrong with the invasion of Britain by Muslim settlers. If Gaza had spent a fraction of the enormous sums that the UN, Qatar and other Arab states have given them over the years for things that benefitted the people of Gaza instead of spending millions of pounds building tunnels and millions more buying Qasem and other rockets to fire randomley at Israeli civilians the people of Gaza would not now be in the horrific situation Hamas has forced them into. Every rocket fired by Hamas from Gaza is a war crime. The Palestinian Authority UN Envoy said so himself two weeks ago on P.A. TV news in response to a question asking why the P.A. hadn't signed up to the InternationalCrimina l Court. Highfielder
  • Score: -7

6:37pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Paramjit Bahia says...

southy wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously!
Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.
The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained.

"The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II)."

Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara.

UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950
Southy, as a fellow socialist (not of your Trotskyist or Stalinst variety but old Labour) even I find it difficult to understand your argument, and destructive approach to serious issue of plight of Palestinian people, with whom you rightly have lots of sympathy like me and most others who believe in humanity.

Hardly surprising that you end up becoming easy meat for those who love picking upon you on this site.

It is historical fact that Zionist dominated state of Isreal, one of the biggest folly of United Nations was officially born in 1948, and since then it has kept on occupying more and more of land of neighbouring nations, which creats problems.

Rather than their plight you have decided to latch on to not only something different but also started distorting historic dates.

Whatever the reasons behind the craziness of UN in 1948, today the state of Isreal exists, and under international law has that right, which also means that it under the same laws it has some duties. So it should not be allowed to get away with keep on expanding its frontiers and murdering innocent people. And when it does that those responsible should be held to account by the ICC.

At the same time Hamas and its supporters are not exactly saints, they too are responsible for trying to indiscriminately kill ordinary civilians in Israel. Casualties on that side may not be very low, but it's not because of Hamas not trying its best.

Fact is that innocent civilian population on both sides is in danger, and in 2014 civilised society that should not be acceptable. It is the responsibility of the UN to find solution to problem created by itself. But sadly the big powers that dominate UN have their own agendas. So morally speaking it can be argued that the blood is on the hands of so called big powers. That is why we should be protesting to demand that as one with veto rights on Security Council our government should be doing better for peace than they have done so far.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.[/p][/quote]The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously![/p][/quote]Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.[/p][/quote]The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained. "The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).[2]" Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara. UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950[/p][/quote]Southy, as a fellow socialist (not of your Trotskyist or Stalinst variety but old Labour) even I find it difficult to understand your argument, and destructive approach to serious issue of plight of Palestinian people, with whom you rightly have lots of sympathy like me and most others who believe in humanity. Hardly surprising that you end up becoming easy meat for those who love picking upon you on this site. It is historical fact that Zionist dominated state of Isreal, one of the biggest folly of United Nations was officially born in 1948, and since then it has kept on occupying more and more of land of neighbouring nations, which creats problems. Rather than their plight you have decided to latch on to not only something different but also started distorting historic dates. Whatever the reasons behind the craziness of UN in 1948, today the state of Isreal exists, and under international law has that right, which also means that it under the same laws it has some duties. So it should not be allowed to get away with keep on expanding its frontiers and murdering innocent people. And when it does that those responsible should be held to account by the ICC. At the same time Hamas and its supporters are not exactly saints, they too are responsible for trying to indiscriminately kill ordinary civilians in Israel. Casualties on that side may not be very low, but it's not because of Hamas not trying its best. Fact is that innocent civilian population on both sides is in danger, and in 2014 civilised society that should not be acceptable. It is the responsibility of the UN to find solution to problem created by itself. But sadly the big powers that dominate UN have their own agendas. So morally speaking it can be argued that the blood is on the hands of so called big powers. That is why we should be protesting to demand that as one with veto rights on Security Council our government should be doing better for peace than they have done so far. Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 6

7:11pm Mon 28 Jul 14

cowley says...

dango wrote:
cowley wrote:
Good on ya EDL!!
^^^ knuckle dragging mouth-breather.
Whats up django? ;-)
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cowley[/bold] wrote: Good on ya EDL!![/p][/quote]^^^ knuckle dragging mouth-breather.[/p][/quote]Whats up django? ;-) cowley
  • Score: -4

7:11pm Mon 28 Jul 14

highfieldhants says...

southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around.

Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens.

As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around. Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens. As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism. highfieldhants
  • Score: 2

8:27pm Mon 28 Jul 14

Letissthelastoftheloyal says...

Can I just ask what they are hoping to achieve by marching through southampton? Do they hope that it will stop all the terrible things happening over there? I completely agree with how disgusting all this mindless killing is and also disagree with those EDL divs winding them up especially a skate from fareham sticking his fish fiddling nose in, but why southampton? Surely if they want to make a diference they should either go help them, or send them some help if that's possible. I just don't understand what marching through our town is going prove. I would love to stop those kids from being killed but this won't help it will just attracted violence from mindless racist thugs like the EDL.
Can I just ask what they are hoping to achieve by marching through southampton? Do they hope that it will stop all the terrible things happening over there? I completely agree with how disgusting all this mindless killing is and also disagree with those EDL divs winding them up especially a skate from fareham sticking his fish fiddling nose in, but why southampton? Surely if they want to make a diference they should either go help them, or send them some help if that's possible. I just don't understand what marching through our town is going prove. I would love to stop those kids from being killed but this won't help it will just attracted violence from mindless racist thugs like the EDL. Letissthelastoftheloyal
  • Score: 0

9:41am Tue 29 Jul 14

camerajuan says...

cowley wrote:
Good on ya EDL!!
And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to……..
[quote][p][bold]cowley[/bold] wrote: Good on ya EDL!![/p][/quote]And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to…….. camerajuan
  • Score: 3

1:27pm Tue 29 Jul 14

southy says...

highfieldhants wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around.

Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens.

As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism.
Then you need to go to the UN and correct them also as I quoted from the UN papers.
As for you being a Jew why to I doubt that very much, as for Gaza being Egyptian territory that is wrong, its not been Egyptian Territory since before the Otterman Empire, Egypt was the Guardians of Gaza and they did not put any arm forces in the Gaza, this was a request from the British Government, Egyptian Territory ran along the boarders with Egypt Sinai and Gaza, and what you see now days is just a tiny little bit of what is left of Gaza one small provence
[quote][p][bold]highfieldhants[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around. Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens. As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism.[/p][/quote]Then you need to go to the UN and correct them also as I quoted from the UN papers. As for you being a Jew why to I doubt that very much, as for Gaza being Egyptian territory that is wrong, its not been Egyptian Territory since before the Otterman Empire, Egypt was the Guardians of Gaza and they did not put any arm forces in the Gaza, this was a request from the British Government, Egyptian Territory ran along the boarders with Egypt Sinai and Gaza, and what you see now days is just a tiny little bit of what is left of Gaza one small provence southy
  • Score: -1

1:43pm Tue 29 Jul 14

southy says...

Paramjit Bahia wrote:
southy wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.
The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously!
Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.
The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained.

"The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II)."

Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara.

UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950
Southy, as a fellow socialist (not of your Trotskyist or Stalinst variety but old Labour) even I find it difficult to understand your argument, and destructive approach to serious issue of plight of Palestinian people, with whom you rightly have lots of sympathy like me and most others who believe in humanity.

Hardly surprising that you end up becoming easy meat for those who love picking upon you on this site.

It is historical fact that Zionist dominated state of Isreal, one of the biggest folly of United Nations was officially born in 1948, and since then it has kept on occupying more and more of land of neighbouring nations, which creats problems.

Rather than their plight you have decided to latch on to not only something different but also started distorting historic dates.

Whatever the reasons behind the craziness of UN in 1948, today the state of Isreal exists, and under international law has that right, which also means that it under the same laws it has some duties. So it should not be allowed to get away with keep on expanding its frontiers and murdering innocent people. And when it does that those responsible should be held to account by the ICC.

At the same time Hamas and its supporters are not exactly saints, they too are responsible for trying to indiscriminately kill ordinary civilians in Israel. Casualties on that side may not be very low, but it's not because of Hamas not trying its best.

Fact is that innocent civilian population on both sides is in danger, and in 2014 civilised society that should not be acceptable. It is the responsibility of the UN to find solution to problem created by itself. But sadly the big powers that dominate UN have their own agendas. So morally speaking it can be argued that the blood is on the hands of so called big powers. That is why we should be protesting to demand that as one with veto rights on Security Council our government should be doing better for peace than they have done so far.
In 1948 thats when the Israel Government was officially reconise by the UN, the State it self like I point out with a cut and paste quote from the UN papers, the Israel state was formally reconise as a state in Nov 1947, but it had no Government till the following year and between Nov 1947 and the time when Israel got its first government Israel arm forces went on a rampage, there are maps of the area between 1945 to 1950 how much was Palestine and how much was Hebrew (Jewish) owned land and the changes started to happen in 1947 a war that was to last just under a year, The British Government called it a Civil War before british pulled out of the area the New Jews that came in from Europe where bombing British troops and bombing Palestians including Women and Children they drawed no lines who got hurt and they still don't to day.
[quote][p][bold]Paramjit Bahia[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your fantasy posts are always entertaining but let's hope no-one knows that the State of Israel didn't exist until May 14th 1948.[/p][/quote]The state of Israel didn't but the people were there long before that. Obviously![/p][/quote]Do I have to correct your sketchy knowledge as well? The British Mandate of Palestine came in to being in 1923 on agreed borders with the backing of the League of Nations.... unlike Southys fairytale version suggesting that the non existent State of Israel had somehow changed borders it didn't control prior to the United Nations granting the new state in May 1948. As for the Gaza border stretching to Jordan, it's just another blunder to add to the long list already captured on the 'tribute page' created for Southy's howlers. It's a shame that so many people act on instinct when the Middle East flares up and proceed blindly, unencumbered by the facts.[/p][/quote]The League of Nations lasted officially for 26 years but it truth it came to an end in 1930 after 10 years, with Nations pulling out of the LN, out of 59 memebers by the end off 1935 only 18 remained. "The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine was a proposal developed by the United Nations, which recommended a partition with Economic Union of Mandatory Palestine to follow the termination of the British Mandate. On 29 November 1947, the U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan as Resolution 181(II).[2]" Israel invaded Palestine that year Dec, Britian unable to keep the peace in the region pulled out in August 1948, and the Isreal Government stop invading more land in 1 October 1948, totally altering the boundrys of the eara. UN did not listen to the Leauge of Arab States, But fell in the Israel corner every time and still do, there are maps how the area look in every year from 1945 to 1950[/p][/quote]Southy, as a fellow socialist (not of your Trotskyist or Stalinst variety but old Labour) even I find it difficult to understand your argument, and destructive approach to serious issue of plight of Palestinian people, with whom you rightly have lots of sympathy like me and most others who believe in humanity. Hardly surprising that you end up becoming easy meat for those who love picking upon you on this site. It is historical fact that Zionist dominated state of Isreal, one of the biggest folly of United Nations was officially born in 1948, and since then it has kept on occupying more and more of land of neighbouring nations, which creats problems. Rather than their plight you have decided to latch on to not only something different but also started distorting historic dates. Whatever the reasons behind the craziness of UN in 1948, today the state of Isreal exists, and under international law has that right, which also means that it under the same laws it has some duties. So it should not be allowed to get away with keep on expanding its frontiers and murdering innocent people. And when it does that those responsible should be held to account by the ICC. At the same time Hamas and its supporters are not exactly saints, they too are responsible for trying to indiscriminately kill ordinary civilians in Israel. Casualties on that side may not be very low, but it's not because of Hamas not trying its best. Fact is that innocent civilian population on both sides is in danger, and in 2014 civilised society that should not be acceptable. It is the responsibility of the UN to find solution to problem created by itself. But sadly the big powers that dominate UN have their own agendas. So morally speaking it can be argued that the blood is on the hands of so called big powers. That is why we should be protesting to demand that as one with veto rights on Security Council our government should be doing better for peace than they have done so far.[/p][/quote]In 1948 thats when the Israel Government was officially reconise by the UN, the State it self like I point out with a cut and paste quote from the UN papers, the Israel state was formally reconise as a state in Nov 1947, but it had no Government till the following year and between Nov 1947 and the time when Israel got its first government Israel arm forces went on a rampage, there are maps of the area between 1945 to 1950 how much was Palestine and how much was Hebrew (Jewish) owned land and the changes started to happen in 1947 a war that was to last just under a year, The British Government called it a Civil War before british pulled out of the area the New Jews that came in from Europe where bombing British troops and bombing Palestians including Women and Children they drawed no lines who got hurt and they still don't to day. southy
  • Score: 0

3:05pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Dai Rear says...

camerajuan wrote:
cowley wrote:
Good on ya EDL!!
And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to……..
Can they be all bad? They wind up the bourgeois reactionary left beautifully after all.
[quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cowley[/bold] wrote: Good on ya EDL!![/p][/quote]And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to……..[/p][/quote]Can they be all bad? They wind up the bourgeois reactionary left beautifully after all. Dai Rear
  • Score: 3

11:22pm Tue 29 Jul 14

cowley says...

Dai Rear wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
cowley wrote:
Good on ya EDL!!
And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to……..
Can they be all bad? They wind up the bourgeois reactionary left beautifully after all.
Yo don't hate me coz you ain't me init aiiiiittttt
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cowley[/bold] wrote: Good on ya EDL!![/p][/quote]And the award for the ape like human with no neck and a penchant for being hated goes to……..[/p][/quote]Can they be all bad? They wind up the bourgeois reactionary left beautifully after all.[/p][/quote]Yo don't hate me coz you ain't me init aiiiiittttt cowley
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Fri 1 Aug 14

From the sidelines says...

It would appear that the EDL have fallen for the fallacy that 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'.

Simplistic, easily understood, and wrong.
It would appear that the EDL have fallen for the fallacy that 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'. Simplistic, easily understood, and wrong. From the sidelines
  • Score: 0

2:10pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dai Rear says...

From the sidelines wrote:
It would appear that the EDL have fallen for the fallacy that 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'.

Simplistic, easily understood, and wrong.
Certainly true of us and the Soviet Union after the ripping up of the Ribbentrop-Molotov Treaty but I think they were just winding up the incomers and lefty fellow-travellers. And it worked, by golly!
[quote][p][bold]From the sidelines[/bold] wrote: It would appear that the EDL have fallen for the fallacy that 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'. Simplistic, easily understood, and wrong.[/p][/quote]Certainly true of us and the Soviet Union after the ripping up of the Ribbentrop-Molotov Treaty but I think they were just winding up the incomers and lefty fellow-travellers. And it worked, by golly! Dai Rear
  • Score: 0

8:11pm Tue 19 Aug 14

highfieldhants says...

southy wrote:
highfieldhants wrote:
southy wrote:
camerajuan wrote:
How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.
Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders.
Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.
Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around.

Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens.

As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism.
Then you need to go to the UN and correct them also as I quoted from the UN papers.
As for you being a Jew why to I doubt that very much, as for Gaza being Egyptian territory that is wrong, its not been Egyptian Territory since before the Otterman Empire, Egypt was the Guardians of Gaza and they did not put any arm forces in the Gaza, this was a request from the British Government, Egyptian Territory ran along the boarders with Egypt Sinai and Gaza, and what you see now days is just a tiny little bit of what is left of Gaza one small provence
Interesting as to why you doubt my identity but I really don't care.

And you're so wrong. Egypt occupied Gaza. Again, there's so much I could correct (mostly spelling mistakes) but I feel arguing with someone so grossly misinformed is a waste of my time.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]highfieldhants[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]camerajuan[/bold] wrote: How can anyone be completely ok with whats going on over there?!?! Even the EDL cavemen should understand how wrong things are.[/p][/quote]Its been wrong ever since 1947 when Israel ignored the UN directive and invaded Gaza, Gaza whos boarders went right across to Jordan in 1947 and who,s population at the time was 4 times as many as Israel, Israel had a well trained arm forces the people of Gaza never even had an arm force, But nothing was done to get Israel out of Gaza, Israel went on the rampage of mass murreding and relocation of the local people, Israel should be force to return back to there 1947 boarders. Its ashame really what going on there in this region because before 1947 they all lived in peace and had no problem, its only been since the converted Jews moved in from Europe have any problems started.[/p][/quote]Your appalling knowledge of the history of this really does not give you any right to comment. I'm also appalled by the fact you've received so many thumbs up - must be quite a few deluded people around. Other people have been correcting you but I'll do so too as there's really so much you've got wrong. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory and was only occupied by Israel from 1967. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 and Hamas have ruled there since and, like others have stated, have used foreign aid to import weapons rather than improve the lives of their own citizens. As a Jew I'm again appalled by the EDL's appropriation of my religion and culture and I do not believe for a second they are fighting anti-semitism or truly supporting Israel. They are simply Islamophobes jumping on this opportunity to cause trouble - the same way many Muslims are jumping upon this conflict to nourish their thinly-veiled antisemitism.[/p][/quote]Then you need to go to the UN and correct them also as I quoted from the UN papers. As for you being a Jew why to I doubt that very much, as for Gaza being Egyptian territory that is wrong, its not been Egyptian Territory since before the Otterman Empire, Egypt was the Guardians of Gaza and they did not put any arm forces in the Gaza, this was a request from the British Government, Egyptian Territory ran along the boarders with Egypt Sinai and Gaza, and what you see now days is just a tiny little bit of what is left of Gaza one small provence[/p][/quote]Interesting as to why you doubt my identity but I really don't care. And you're so wrong. Egypt occupied Gaza. Again, there's so much I could correct (mostly spelling mistakes) but I feel arguing with someone so grossly misinformed is a waste of my time. highfieldhants
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree