PEOPLE were treated for smoke inhalation after garden sheds caught fire.

Fire crews were called to Bishops Close in Totton just before 6pm this evening to reports of a shed alight.

Crews from St Mary’s and Redbridge fire stations attended the incident and used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the blaze, which affected four sheds.

Four people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by South Central Ambulance Service but no one was seriously hurt.

The fire was out by 7.42pm.