Hotel bomb threat man behind bars

Southampton Crown Court

Southampton Crown Court

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Crime Reporter

A HAMPSHIRE man who made a hoax bomb threat to a hotel is behind bars.

Southampton Crown Court heard how Luke Cartwright sparked a major police search after he called The Manor at Sway and told the manager that there was a bomb in the hotel.

Officers and specialists dog units descended on the scene and carried out a three-hour search of the property but nothing was found.

Police later traced the called to 24-year-old Cartwright, of Park Road, Ashley, who admitted calling in the bomb hoax.

His defence barrister James Newton told the court that Cartwright had been taking cannabis and amphetamines around the time of the hoax.

Judge Peter Ralls QC jailed Cartwright for nine months.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:45pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Hastagger says...

The fact the defence said he had been taking cannabis and other drugs at the time is not an excuse. In fact, it should be seen as pleading guilty to possession of drugs and he should get more time in sing-sing.

#locktheSCUMup
The fact the defence said he had been taking cannabis and other drugs at the time is not an excuse. In fact, it should be seen as pleading guilty to possession of drugs and he should get more time in sing-sing. #locktheSCUMup Hastagger
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree