Hampshire Primark worker Muhamed Hamidur Rahman reported to have been killed in fighting in Syria

Damage caused by fighting in Syria

Damage caused by fighting in Syria

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

A FORMER shop supervisor from Hampshire has reportedly been killed fighting for Islamic militants in Syria.

Portsmouth resident and Primark supervisor Muhamed Hamidur Rahman, 25, was shot dead in a gunfight a week ago, it was reported.

Mr Rahman told his family he was going to deliver humanitarian aid and was recruited by terror group ISIS.

He was said to have travelled to the country via Turkey and a Foreign Office spokesman said the organisation was looking into reports that a British national had been killed in Syria.

He is the second former Portsmouth resident to be killed after his friend Iftekhar Jarman, 23, died during fighting in December.

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:29pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Huey says...

One less radical to come home. Great.
Mind you a deadly gun battle probably beats working in Portsmouth's Primark.
One less radical to come home. Great. Mind you a deadly gun battle probably beats working in Portsmouth's Primark. Huey
  • Score: 37

12:29pm Mon 11 Aug 14

jonnyx says...

Hmmm. A supervisory position at primary appears to be inadequate preparation for participation in jihad. Who'd a thunk!
Hmmm. A supervisory position at primary appears to be inadequate preparation for participation in jihad. Who'd a thunk! jonnyx
  • Score: 8

12:31pm Mon 11 Aug 14

jonnyx says...

Hmmm. A supervisory position at *primark* appears to be inadequate preparation for participation in jihad. Who'd a thunk!

Thanks auto correct!
Hmmm. A supervisory position at *primark* appears to be inadequate preparation for participation in jihad. Who'd a thunk! Thanks auto correct! jonnyx
  • Score: 10

1:34pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Mr E says...

Somebody needs to do some investigating - He is the Second Portsmouth citizen to have been killed fighting in Syria - is there some sort of Jihad recruitment agency there ?
Somebody needs to do some investigating - He is the Second Portsmouth citizen to have been killed fighting in Syria - is there some sort of Jihad recruitment agency there ? Mr E
  • Score: 24

2:57pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Abkhazsoyuz says...

Mr E wrote:
Somebody needs to do some investigating - He is the Second Portsmouth citizen to have been killed fighting in Syria - is there some sort of Jihad recruitment agency there ?
Yes. Tablighi Jamaat.
[quote][p][bold]Mr E[/bold] wrote: Somebody needs to do some investigating - He is the Second Portsmouth citizen to have been killed fighting in Syria - is there some sort of Jihad recruitment agency there ?[/p][/quote]Yes. Tablighi Jamaat. Abkhazsoyuz
  • Score: 5

2:59pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

One down ,thousands over here to go .
Not popping the champagne cork yet .
One down ,thousands over here to go . Not popping the champagne cork yet . Balsamic
  • Score: 16

3:15pm Mon 11 Aug 14

jonnyx says...

Hastagger wrote:
One less to pay benefits to and one less to blow us up - in all, great news!
He worked. But hey, why let your own personal comprehension deficiency get in the way of a good old knee-jerk reaction?
[quote][p][bold]Hastagger[/bold] wrote: One less to pay benefits to and one less to blow us up - in all, great news![/p][/quote]He worked. But hey, why let your own personal comprehension deficiency get in the way of a good old knee-jerk reaction? jonnyx
  • Score: 1

3:28pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Brite Spark says...

I thought that the headline photo was taken in Buckland before I read the caption.
I thought that the headline photo was taken in Buckland before I read the caption. Brite Spark
  • Score: 6

4:38pm Mon 11 Aug 14

solomum says...

How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article. solomum
  • Score: -1

6:46pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

solomum wrote:
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech.
Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of.
Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.[/p][/quote]There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech. Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of. Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom. Balsamic
  • Score: 10

7:05pm Mon 11 Aug 14

vpharm says...

make a law that says TV new are banned from mentioning these parasites names & how they died, meaning their cause will no longer be announced in free news coverage!

Plus start executing these mutants!
make a law that says TV new are banned from mentioning these parasites names & how they died, meaning their cause will no longer be announced in free news coverage! Plus start executing these mutants! vpharm
  • Score: 5

7:08pm Mon 11 Aug 14

vpharm says...

start deporting all foreign criminals & extremists?
Make a law that asylum & citizenship is ONLY when you behave. Misbehave & get booted out!
start deporting all foreign criminals & extremists? Make a law that asylum & citizenship is ONLY when you behave. Misbehave & get booted out! vpharm
  • Score: 7

7:12pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham says...

I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price. Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-Graham
  • Score: 2

7:42pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

vpharm wrote:
start deporting all foreign criminals & extremists?
Make a law that asylum & citizenship is ONLY when you behave. Misbehave & get booted out!
What makes you think he claimed asylum and citizenship? He was probably born here. Very silly comment.
[quote][p][bold]vpharm[/bold] wrote: start deporting all foreign criminals & extremists? Make a law that asylum & citizenship is ONLY when you behave. Misbehave & get booted out![/p][/quote]What makes you think he claimed asylum and citizenship? He was probably born here. Very silly comment. thinklikealocal
  • Score: 1

7:44pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G
raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
Surely that should of read 'dictatorship such as the one of President Assad' who has gassed his own citizens in his absolute determination to remain in power. People never cease to amaze me.
[quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]Surely that should of read 'dictatorship such as the one of President Assad' who has gassed his own citizens in his absolute determination to remain in power. People never cease to amaze me. thinklikealocal
  • Score: 1

8:49pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G
raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
[quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be. Balsamic
  • Score: 2

8:57pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

Balsamic wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G

raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....
[quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.[/p][/quote]So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then.... thinklikealocal
  • Score: 2

8:58pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

Balsamic wrote:
solomum wrote:
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech.
Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of.
Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.
And your point is?
[quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.[/p][/quote]There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech. Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of. Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.[/p][/quote]And your point is? thinklikealocal
  • Score: -2

9:14pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G


raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....
Indeed it would
[quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.[/p][/quote]So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....[/p][/quote]Indeed it would Balsamic
  • Score: 3

9:16pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
solomum wrote:
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech.
Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of.
Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.
And your point is?
My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum.
Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam.
[quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.[/p][/quote]There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech. Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of. Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.[/p][/quote]And your point is?[/p][/quote]My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum. Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam. Balsamic
  • Score: 4

9:21pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

Balsamic wrote:
thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G



raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....
Indeed it would
The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters,
Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs .
[quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.[/p][/quote]So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....[/p][/quote]Indeed it would[/p][/quote]The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters, Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs . Balsamic
  • Score: 2

9:51pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

Balsamic wrote:
thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
solomum wrote:
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech.
Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of.
Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.
And your point is?
My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum.
Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam.
I don't think it was me that made that request..... I think you'll find it was Solomum.
[quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.[/p][/quote]There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech. Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of. Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.[/p][/quote]And your point is?[/p][/quote]My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum. Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam.[/p][/quote]I don't think it was me that made that request..... I think you'll find it was Solomum. thinklikealocal
  • Score: 0

9:58pm Mon 11 Aug 14

thinklikealocal says...

Balsamic wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G




raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....
Indeed it would
The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters,
Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs .
No, their reasons are far more shallow and self serving generally speaking. Drug dealers carry out their own version of terrorism outside the school gates. That's alright I suppose. Plenty of communities and families living blighted lives because of drugs but it's alright for them to keep the info on who the dealers are to themselves I suppose. Let's face it you made a racist comment without thinking too hard about it.

It goes without saying that I do not agree with anyone committing crime, terrorism etc. The sad truth is these people are acting out of misplaced beliefs, they really believe they are serving their god.
[quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.[/p][/quote]So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....[/p][/quote]Indeed it would[/p][/quote]The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters, Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs .[/p][/quote]No, their reasons are far more shallow and self serving generally speaking. Drug dealers carry out their own version of terrorism outside the school gates. That's alright I suppose. Plenty of communities and families living blighted lives because of drugs but it's alright for them to keep the info on who the dealers are to themselves I suppose. Let's face it you made a racist comment without thinking too hard about it. It goes without saying that I do not agree with anyone committing crime, terrorism etc. The sad truth is these people are acting out of misplaced beliefs, they really believe they are serving their god. thinklikealocal
  • Score: 2

10:27pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
solomum wrote:
How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.
There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech.
Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of.
Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.
And your point is?
My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum.
Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam.
I don't think it was me that made that request..... I think you'll find it was Solomum.
Oh , my apologies
[quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: How sad for his family to think he has gone out there for humanitarian aid reasons, and then to find he was involved in terrorist activity. If he lied to them, then that suggests they do not have terror links themselves, so perhaps out of respect to a family who will not only be grieving their son, but also dealing with the fact their son was involved in terrorism, it may be good for The Echo to remove comments on this article.[/p][/quote]There is a thing in our fantastic country called freedom of speech. Something that the fundamentalists have taken full advantage of. Hence British Muslims heading off to so called martyrdom.[/p][/quote]And your point is?[/p][/quote]My point is ,you have requested that the echo remove some of the posts on this forum. Why when we have the freedom to express our views in the same way as that the Islamic fundamentalist do supposedly in the name of Islam.[/p][/quote]I don't think it was me that made that request..... I think you'll find it was Solomum.[/p][/quote]Oh , my apologies Balsamic
  • Score: 0

10:35pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Balsamic says...

thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
thinklikealocal wrote:
Balsamic wrote:
Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G





raham
wrote:
I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased.

What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge.

Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change.

This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs.

When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.
I know that there is good and bad in all races.
I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority.
The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are.
They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder.
They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism.
These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.
So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....
Indeed it would
The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters,
Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs .
No, their reasons are far more shallow and self serving generally speaking. Drug dealers carry out their own version of terrorism outside the school gates. That's alright I suppose. Plenty of communities and families living blighted lives because of drugs but it's alright for them to keep the info on who the dealers are to themselves I suppose. Let's face it you made a racist comment without thinking too hard about it.

It goes without saying that I do not agree with anyone committing crime, terrorism etc. The sad truth is these people are acting out of misplaced beliefs, they really believe they are serving their god.
Speaking as mixed race British /Afro Caribbean , no I am not racist.
I am however fed up with the racist flag being waved as soon as somebody speaks what are factual remarks and comments.
My father came here to drive a bus in London, he worked hard and integrated with White British people eventually marrying my white British mother.
Yes he suffered racism when it was that pure racism based on colour.
My comments are not racist you complete fool , they are factual.
[quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thinklikealocal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Balsamic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr-La-De-Da-Gunner-G raham[/bold] wrote: I feel sympathy for his family .... but no sympathy for the deceased. What the heck was he doing working for Primark - their exploitation of cheap labour in Islamic, Christian and Hindu nations alike is common knowledge. Also, I detest the vile, illegal entity of "Israel" and AmeriKKKan warmongering as much as anyone - but going to fight for a ragtag bunch of cut-throats in a civil war who are seeking to overthrow a peaceful, progressive, secular regime such as the one of President Assad in Syria is not the way to bring about change. This man was misguided and led astray big time .... but there comes a time when we all have to be responsible for our own actions, and beliefs. When all is said and done, he was a darn fool - and he paid the price.[/p][/quote]I know that there is good and bad in all races. I know that not all Muslims are bad ,just a small minority. The Muslim communities of this country know who the fundamentalists are. They say the same things every time that there is incident such as the Lee Rigby Murder. They claim to be peace loving and unable to say who the fanatics are in their communities is it because of fear of retribution or because they secretly support the cause of Islamic fundamentalism. These communities need to bring these undesirables to the fore now and show that they really are the peace loving ,harmonious, So called British citizens they claim to be.[/p][/quote]So called British Citizens.... Wow how rude. Are you saying that any community who don't report the 'undesirables' in their mists are not truly British? That would have to include a lot of white 20th generation Brits then....[/p][/quote]Indeed it would[/p][/quote]The difference is that most drug dealers, car thieves , burglars ,shop lifters, Muggers, etc etc don't travel to other countries to carry out acts of terrorism in other countries or in their own in the name of their religious beliefs .[/p][/quote]No, their reasons are far more shallow and self serving generally speaking. Drug dealers carry out their own version of terrorism outside the school gates. That's alright I suppose. Plenty of communities and families living blighted lives because of drugs but it's alright for them to keep the info on who the dealers are to themselves I suppose. Let's face it you made a racist comment without thinking too hard about it. It goes without saying that I do not agree with anyone committing crime, terrorism etc. The sad truth is these people are acting out of misplaced beliefs, they really believe they are serving their god.[/p][/quote]Speaking as mixed race British /Afro Caribbean , no I am not racist. I am however fed up with the racist flag being waved as soon as somebody speaks what are factual remarks and comments. My father came here to drive a bus in London, he worked hard and integrated with White British people eventually marrying my white British mother. Yes he suffered racism when it was that pure racism based on colour. My comments are not racist you complete fool , they are factual. Balsamic
  • Score: 2

5:53am Tue 12 Aug 14

Woolston ollie says...

Send them all over there less mess for us to clear up, if they want to go over there to fight let them, but dont let them back in.
Send them all over there less mess for us to clear up, if they want to go over there to fight let them, but dont let them back in. Woolston ollie
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree