ENGINEERS were scrambled to clear a railway after a smashed kitchen sink was strewn across the line.
- Roadworks on M3 set to continue
- Redbridge and Millbrook flyovers to be shut for 'noisy' roadworks
- HOUR-LONG delays on major Southampton commuter route
- Speeding fines set to rocket next month in Government crackdown
- UK flight ban on laptops will be introduced 'within days'
- UK could follow US and ban laptops and iPads from Middle Eastern flights over terrorist fears
A spokesperson for South West Trains said: “The item was removed and trains ran at reduced speed for a short time while engineers carried out a safety inspection of the track.
“The speed restriction has now been lifted and services are no longer affected by this issue."
There were delays of up to 10 minutes for trains using the Southampton to Portsmouth line, which last for about an hour before the debris was removed.