When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Pearson takes action against players in nightclub CCTV pictures
Saints boss Nigel Pearson has spoken out after pictures were published today showing two of his players in the staff room of a Hampshire nightclub at the centre of theft allegations.
The photographs, published under copyright, are taken from CCTV cameras inside the Bar Bluu nightclub in Southsea.
They show striker Bradley Wright-Phillips and Nathan Dyer with three other men in the staff room at the club.
Yesterday it was revealed that the two star players may be quizzed by police investigating the theft of mobile phones and cash from the nightclub.
Today in a statement Pearson said he had already taken tough action against the two players for being out at a nightclub in the early hours of the morning.
But he added that the club was waiting on more details of the police investigation before deciding their next move.
The manager said: "The matter of the late-night socialising by these players has already been strongly dealt with internally.
"As far as the other allegations are concerned, the club views these seriously but will await full details and will then decide on what action to take."
The police inquiry comes after a member of staff at Bar Bluu made an allegation of theft to police after three mobile phones, £105 pounds in cash, a wallet and cigarettes went missing.
Staff didn't realise their belongings had been ransacked until they returned to the cloakroom at the end of their shift.
Wright-Phillips, 22, who earns £10,000 pounds-a-week at Southampton FC, and Dyer were invited to Bar Bluu in Southsea as VIP guests for a concert by R&B singer Kano.
Wright-Phillips, son of England legend and television presenter Ian Wright, was dropped two days later for Saints home game against Ipswich. He was recalled to the bench away at Wolves in midweek.
Yesterday he came off the substitute bench in the second half of relegation-threatened Saints 2-2 Championship draw at Blackpool.
Midfielder Dyer, 20, has been out of the side for some time nursing an ankle injury.
A police spokesman said: "Hampshire Constabulary are currently investigating an allegation of theft which occurred at Bar Blue, Southsea in the early hours of Thursday, February 28.
"This incident was reported to us on March 5.
"No arrests have been made and this incident is still under investigation."
The club refused to comment on the investigation.