Burglars target 20 stores in area to make off with lucrative cigarette haul

Gang of thieves steal massive cigarette haul in spate of raids

The raiders in the Co-op in Locks Heath

Stealing the cigarettes in North Baddesley's Co-op.

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Deputy News Editor

They are the smash and grab raiders targeting convenience stores across the county.

Tens of thousands of pounds worth of cigarettes have been stolen by the gangs of thieves who are breaking into shops in the dead of night.

With their faces covered by hooded tops, they prise open security shutters and then use anything they can, including paving slabs and lumps of concrete, to smash windows and climb inside.

Armed with heavy duty builders merchants bags or green garden waste sacks, they empty out cigarette kiosks before fleeing the scene as quickly as they can before police respond to the burglar alarms.

So far this year there have been 20 cigarette burglaries across Southampton and the surrounding area where, each time, thieves have left with a haul worth thousands.

One of the biggest thefts is known to have amounted to more than £15,000.

Detectives investigating the break-ins believe the same gang are responsible for at least six – but cannot rule out that they might be behind even more.

They believe the stolen cigarettes are being offered for sale within Hampshire.

Among the stores targeted are the Co-op, Asda, Londis, McColls and even a petrol station in the New Forest.

Now police are appealing for help in finding those responsible for the burglaries – and say the answer may well lie in local communities.

Detective Inspector Dave Morgan, from Southampton CID, said he believed the crimes were highly organised and pre planned.

He said: “Cigarettes are the main target because of their high retail value and I strongly believe that the people committing these burglaries are very much part of a chain operating, rather than on the off chance.

“The break-ins are pre-planned and it is likely that an outlet from which to sell the cigarettes on has already been determined and they are being re-circulated in the local area.”

Det Insp Morgan said that similar burglaries are happening across the country – and this is not a problem specific to Hampshire.

However meetings have taken place with security bosses both nationally and locally from the Co-op group, who have found themselves falling victim to the thieves repeatedly, to try and tackle the problem.

But he added: “We very much need help from the community who may be able to tell us who is committing these offences and more importantly, what is happening to the cigarettes.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact police in Southampton on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:01pm Wed 23 May 12

thebigtruthdog says...

well at least thats reduced todays smokers in the Heath to shambling wrecks!
well at least thats reduced todays smokers in the Heath to shambling wrecks! thebigtruthdog
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Wed 23 May 12

thebigtruthdog says...

...every cloud, eh?!
...every cloud, eh?! thebigtruthdog
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Wed 23 May 12

Over the Edge says...

I heard Tesco's had a robbery last night,,,,, 50,000 cigarettes and 200 lettuces were stolen,,, the head of CID said the police are looking for a rabbit with a sore throat.
I heard Tesco's had a robbery last night,,,,, 50,000 cigarettes and 200 lettuces were stolen,,, the head of CID said the police are looking for a rabbit with a sore throat. Over the Edge
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Wed 23 May 12

allsaintsnocurves says...

Maybe the government should drop the price of cigerettes and make their stash less lucrative until they are caught. They won't be able to shift them whilst the prices are low enough in the shops.
Theives are scum the lowest of the low and should be treated as such.
Maybe the government should drop the price of cigerettes and make their stash less lucrative until they are caught. They won't be able to shift them whilst the prices are low enough in the shops. Theives are scum the lowest of the low and should be treated as such. allsaintsnocurves
  • Score: 0

3:15pm Wed 23 May 12

freestephenmccarthy says...

hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it! freestephenmccarthy
  • Score: -2

4:32pm Wed 23 May 12

Georgem says...

freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
It's not exactly some subtle master trickery, a smash-and-grab. The story even explains it.
[quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]It's not exactly some subtle master trickery, a smash-and-grab. The story even explains it. Georgem
  • Score: 0

5:21pm Wed 23 May 12

Matt Probert says...

freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it.

With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.
[quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it. With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same. Matt Probert
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Wed 23 May 12

Billy Huff says...

Matt Probert wrote:
freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it.

With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.
Can we not treat this scum like some sort of Robin Hood, please? They're not stealing these because the price is so high, they're stealing them because they're thieving gyppos. End of story.
[quote][p][bold]Matt Probert[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it. With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.[/p][/quote]Can we not treat this scum like some sort of Robin Hood, please? They're not stealing these because the price is so high, they're stealing them because they're thieving gyppos. End of story. Billy Huff
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Wed 23 May 12

solomum says...

Matt Probert wrote:
freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it.

With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.
That makes it ok then, does it? Theft is theft and just because the price of cigarettes is extortionate that does not make the crime acceptable. Would you be so understanding if your car was stolen. After all, the cost of new cars these days!
[quote][p][bold]Matt Probert[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it. With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.[/p][/quote]That makes it ok then, does it? Theft is theft and just because the price of cigarettes is extortionate that does not make the crime acceptable. Would you be so understanding if your car was stolen. After all, the cost of new cars these days! solomum
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Wed 23 May 12

dango says...

solomum wrote:
Matt Probert wrote:
freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it.

With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.
That makes it ok then, does it? Theft is theft and just because the price of cigarettes is extortionate that does not make the crime acceptable. Would you be so understanding if your car was stolen. After all, the cost of new cars these days!
I think the cost of cars nowadays fairly reflects the amount invested into their design and construction. There are many car makers now, especially from the far east, who can cater for most, if not all budgets. 'ere, wanna by some snouts?
[quote][p][bold]solomum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Matt Probert[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]I agree. Its the stupid duty price on cigarettes which drives this crime. If cigarettes were a sensible price, they would not be stolen as there would be no profit in it. With the price as high as it is there will be lots of buyers, just as there are for smuggled ciagettes. Expect more of the same.[/p][/quote]That makes it ok then, does it? Theft is theft and just because the price of cigarettes is extortionate that does not make the crime acceptable. Would you be so understanding if your car was stolen. After all, the cost of new cars these days![/p][/quote]I think the cost of cars nowadays fairly reflects the amount invested into their design and construction. There are many car makers now, especially from the far east, who can cater for most, if not all budgets. 'ere, wanna by some snouts? dango
  • Score: 0

8:18pm Wed 23 May 12

bigal007 says...

Over the Edge wrote:
I heard Tesco's had a robbery last night,,,,, 50,000 cigarettes and 200 lettuces were stolen,,, the head of CID said the police are looking for a rabbit with a sore throat.
lol very good
[quote][p][bold]Over the Edge[/bold] wrote: I heard Tesco's had a robbery last night,,,,, 50,000 cigarettes and 200 lettuces were stolen,,, the head of CID said the police are looking for a rabbit with a sore throat.[/p][/quote]lol very good bigal007
  • Score: 0

8:43pm Wed 23 May 12

Stubs says...

I smoke around 80 fags a day. I find most them very expensive to buy these days.
I smoke around 80 fags a day. I find most them very expensive to buy these days. Stubs
  • Score: 0

9:13pm Wed 23 May 12

Dr Martin says...

freestephenmccarthy wrote:
hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time
[quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time Dr Martin
  • Score: 1

10:00pm Wed 23 May 12

chunky_lover says...

This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes. chunky_lover
  • Score: 0

12:07am Thu 24 May 12

Georgem says...

chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
[quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking? Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:28am Thu 24 May 12

peenut81 says...

Hampshires finest stumped again, despite a pattern of thefts and camera footage, cctv on every sq meter of this land, coppers everywhere looking for mobile using drivers and they are relying on someone to be a grass again. Why exactly do we need a police force?
Hampshires finest stumped again, despite a pattern of thefts and camera footage, cctv on every sq meter of this land, coppers everywhere looking for mobile using drivers and they are relying on someone to be a grass again. Why exactly do we need a police force? peenut81
  • Score: 0

9:03am Thu 24 May 12

Georgem says...

peenut81 wrote:
Hampshires finest stumped again, despite a pattern of thefts and camera footage, cctv on every sq meter of this land, coppers everywhere looking for mobile using drivers and they are relying on someone to be a grass again. Why exactly do we need a police force?
So based on a couple of stories in a local rag, you've deduced that we no longer need a police force. Fantastic logic, Mr Spock.
[quote][p][bold]peenut81[/bold] wrote: Hampshires finest stumped again, despite a pattern of thefts and camera footage, cctv on every sq meter of this land, coppers everywhere looking for mobile using drivers and they are relying on someone to be a grass again. Why exactly do we need a police force?[/p][/quote]So based on a couple of stories in a local rag, you've deduced that we no longer need a police force. Fantastic logic, Mr Spock. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:17am Thu 24 May 12

peenut81 says...

@GerogeM, its actually supported by over 10 years of observing police behaviour and having ex school friends in the force actually. The modern police force (which is about to be outsourced anyway)exists solely to protect the Capitalist system and their puppets in Westminster. Crime that effects 'people' is largely left as unresolvable or until someone grasses someone up, normally another criminal getting rid of competition. I don't see much return for their £2million per day cost.
@GerogeM, its actually supported by over 10 years of observing police behaviour and having ex school friends in the force actually. The modern police force (which is about to be outsourced anyway)exists solely to protect the Capitalist system and their puppets in Westminster. Crime that effects 'people' is largely left as unresolvable or until someone grasses someone up, normally another criminal getting rid of competition. I don't see much return for their £2million per day cost. peenut81
  • Score: 0

10:19am Thu 24 May 12

quasimodo12 says...

Dr Martin wrote:
freestephenmccarthy wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time
still haven't given your name i see? :)
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time[/p][/quote]still haven't given your name i see? :) quasimodo12
  • Score: -2

10:21am Thu 24 May 12

Georgem says...

peenut81 wrote:
@GerogeM, its actually supported by over 10 years of observing police behaviour and having ex school friends in the force actually. The modern police force (which is about to be outsourced anyway)exists solely to protect the Capitalist system and their puppets in Westminster. Crime that effects 'people' is largely left as unresolvable or until someone grasses someone up, normally another criminal getting rid of competition. I don't see much return for their £2million per day cost.
You left out the word 'sheeple'.
[quote][p][bold]peenut81[/bold] wrote: @GerogeM, its actually supported by over 10 years of observing police behaviour and having ex school friends in the force actually. The modern police force (which is about to be outsourced anyway)exists solely to protect the Capitalist system and their puppets in Westminster. Crime that effects 'people' is largely left as unresolvable or until someone grasses someone up, normally another criminal getting rid of competition. I don't see much return for their £2million per day cost.[/p][/quote]You left out the word 'sheeple'. Georgem
  • Score: 0

11:18am Thu 24 May 12

chunky_lover says...

Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?[/p][/quote]Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes. chunky_lover
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Thu 24 May 12

Georgem says...

chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.
So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past!

Dear oh dear.
[quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?[/p][/quote]Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.[/p][/quote]So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past! Dear oh dear. Georgem
  • Score: 0

8:34am Fri 25 May 12

Dr Martin says...

quasimodo12 wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
freestephenmccarthy wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it!
perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time
still haven't given your name i see? :)
likewise!
[quote][p][bold]quasimodo12[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freestephenmccarthy[/bold] wrote: hahaha! what legends! the prices of fags shouldn't be so high, it's ridiculious! i say fairplays to whoever they are!! i would love to know how they do it![/p][/quote]perhaps you should ask on the behalf of your mate stephen mccarthy perhaps he wont get caught next time[/p][/quote]still haven't given your name i see? :)[/p][/quote]likewise! Dr Martin
  • Score: 2

9:05am Fri 25 May 12

chunky_lover says...

Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.
So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past!

Dear oh dear.
Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?[/p][/quote]Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.[/p][/quote]So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past! Dear oh dear.[/p][/quote]Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing. chunky_lover
  • Score: 0

10:12am Fri 25 May 12

Georgem says...

chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.
So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past!

Dear oh dear.
Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing.
You actually said "this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes". Which is nonsense. If you meant "This exact, specific crime would not have happened" then you may have a point. But that's not what you said.

As for me taking up your time, that's your own lookout. I'm under no obligation to consider how arbitrary readers of my comments should spend their time.
[quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?[/p][/quote]Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.[/p][/quote]So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past! Dear oh dear.[/p][/quote]Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing.[/p][/quote]You actually said "this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes". Which is nonsense. If you meant "This exact, specific crime would not have happened" then you may have a point. But that's not what you said. As for me taking up your time, that's your own lookout. I'm under no obligation to consider how arbitrary readers of my comments should spend their time. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:13am Fri 25 May 12

chunky_lover says...

Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
Georgem wrote:
chunky_lover wrote:
This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.
You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?
Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.
So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past!

Dear oh dear.
Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing.
You actually said "this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes". Which is nonsense. If you meant "This exact, specific crime would not have happened" then you may have a point. But that's not what you said.

As for me taking up your time, that's your own lookout. I'm under no obligation to consider how arbitrary readers of my comments should spend their time.
Good reply :-)

It is absurd isn't it that people still smoke in this day and age given the evidence.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chunky_lover[/bold] wrote: This kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes.[/p][/quote]You're saying that crime would be wiped out if people stopped smoking?[/p][/quote]Correct, the crime being, stealing cigarettes.[/p][/quote]So you're telling me that these people specifically and exclusively steal cigarettes, and if there weren't any to steal, they'd end their life of crime? This is a fantastic breakthrough! If we stop everybody having any possessions whatsoever, theft would be wiped out overnight! Just think! If everybody stops having children, eventually murder will be a thing of the past! Dear oh dear.[/p][/quote]Please read posts more carefully before requiring as you are taking up my time right now. I said that if people were not to smoke then there would not be cigarette thefts. As a footnote, yes - I absolutely agree that we should prevent many of the lower orders of society from reproducing.[/p][/quote]You actually said "this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen if there weren't still morons out there who still smoke cigarettes". Which is nonsense. If you meant "This exact, specific crime would not have happened" then you may have a point. But that's not what you said. As for me taking up your time, that's your own lookout. I'm under no obligation to consider how arbitrary readers of my comments should spend their time.[/p][/quote]Good reply :-) It is absurd isn't it that people still smoke in this day and age given the evidence. chunky_lover
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree