Report this comment
  • "
    saint robbie wrote:
    southampton999 wrote:
    saint robbie wrote:
    southampton999 wrote:
    saint robbie wrote:
    southampton999 wrote: We don't know the circumstances yet. The arrested man may or not have been speeding, he may or may have not been messing with his phone he may or may not have been distracted for some reason. One thing is for sure speed does not kill. Bad driving kills. R.I.P.
    Speed does not kill??? Well i hope to god you havent got a driving licence.
    Yes of course I have!!! Speed doesn't kill there are plenty of idiots who drive within the speed limit and are still unsafe at any speed!! I hope to God you aren't one of them!! Innapropriate speed kills, I don't see cars on the de-ristricted parts of the Autobahn exploding and crashing just because they are doing 150 mph!!!!
    Yes i Totally agree bad driving kills, however speed plays a major part in many avoidable accidents (many fatal).
    To be fair 7% of fatal accidents are attributable to speed.
    Glad we agree then, Speed does kill.
    I went fast the other day. How come I didn't die?

    Speed doesn't kill. The figures don't add up. Compare the ratio of people who speed and don't die, or cause death or injury, to the number that do. It's a minute fraction. People are killed every year by all manner of things. Toilet seats, for example. I don't hear anyone going around saying "toilet seats kill."

    Speed being a contributing factor in a number of accidents is one thing. It's a whole other thing to say speed causes death. It clearly doesn't, you can tell by the number of times you haven't died while going fast. "I don't go fast" you say. Well, it's all relative. I guarantee you you have travelled at speeds, at which people have been fatally injured."
  • This field is mandatory
  • This field is mandatory
  • Please note we will not accept reports with HTML tags or URLs in them.


  • Enter the above word in the box below

Arrest over A35 death crash

Arrest over A35 death crash

Arrest over A35 death crash

Arrest over A35 death crash

First published in News

A Southampton man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a head-on crash in the New Forest.

A 61-year-old woman driving a Vauxhall Astra was killed when her vehicle was in collision with a Vauxhall Insignia on the A35 at Holmsley yesterday.

The woman, who came from Christchurch, Dorset, died at the scene. Her passenger, a 39-year-old woman from Lee-on-the-Solent, suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.

The Insignia was being driven by a 52-year-old Southampton man who also suffered minor injuries but was taken to Southampton General Hospital as a precaution.

Today police revealed that he had been arrested in connection with the crash, which occurred at the junction of the A35 and the B3058 Holmsley Road.

Officers are appealing for witnesses to the collision. They are particularly keen to hear from the driver of a blue Volvo estate that was travelling along the A35 at Holmsley when the crash happened just before 10am.

Call Sergeant Andy Lynch at the road death investigation team on 101, quoting Operation Armel.

Local Businesses

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree