De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel in Southampton evacuated

The De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel

The De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel

First published in News

A TOP Southampton hotel had to be evacuated this morning after a pot was left on a gas hob, causing smoke to fill some of the rooms.

Firefighters from St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown fire stations were called to the De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel just before 2.45am after getting reports of a fire.

When the crews arrived at the hotel in West Quay Road, the fire was already out but thick smoke forced firefighters to evacuate staff and guests as they ventilated the hotel.

After an hour they were able to return to their rooms.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:55am Mon 2 Jul 12

The Salv says...

Last time a fridge leaking toxic fumes and now this! The hotel is starting to get a reputation...
Last time a fridge leaking toxic fumes and now this! The hotel is starting to get a reputation... The Salv
  • Score: 0

10:43am Mon 2 Jul 12

ToastyTea says...

omg wow hold the front page.
omg wow hold the front page. ToastyTea
  • Score: 0

11:22am Mon 2 Jul 12

dopplershift says...

more positive publicity!!!
more positive publicity!!! dopplershift
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree