When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Pensioner choked to death on sandwich
6:20am Wednesday 1st August 2012 in News
A PENSIONER died after she choked on a sandwich at her Southampton home.
Patricia Davies was rushed to Southampton General Hospital where she was revived but she had suffered a brain injury.
An inquest heard the 73-year-old was at Graylings in Beechfield Court, Shirley , with her partner Paul Broomfield when she began to choke on a sandwich. She collapsed and suffered a cardiac arrest.
Mr Broomfield desperately tried to clear her airways and revive her until paramedics came.
Ms Davies, who had a history of health problems and needed a carer two or three times a day, was eventually revived in the hospital’s accident and emergency department but the brain injury she suffered from the cardiac arrest took her life.
Coroner for Southampton Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Comments are closed on this article.