When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Kuti's Indian Brasserie evacuated after blaze
3:40pm Wednesday 19th September 2012 in News
Firefighters were this afternoon battling a blaze at a popular Southampton restaurant.
The blaze was in the extractor fan chimney.
Two breathing apparatus, two hose reels, one jet and an aerial ladder platform were rushed to the scene.
The building was evacuated while fire crews tackled the blaze, which took 30 minutes.
No-one has been injured in the incident, and staff are hopeful of being able to re-open the restaurant later today, by installing a temporary extractor fan unit.
Comments are closed on this article.