EMERGENCY services were this morning called to a Hampshire industrial site after a pile of contaminated sodium caught fire.
Hazardous materials experts were called to Tradebe UK in Hardley after 14 kg of the substance reacted with water.
The blaze, at 8.30am, sparked a major 999 response including fire crews from Hardley, Beaulieu, Totton , Eastleigh and St Mary's as well as police and ambulance.
But the fire was already out when teams arrived at the firm, in Charleston Industrial Estate.
A spokesman from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said the incident happened outside the waste incinerator at Fawley Thermal Treatment Centre.
Chemicals experts from the service examined the area and left the scene just after 10am.